Critique My Form - Let The Flaming Begin

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

How Smooth Are These Throws? VOTE AFTER VIEWING VIDEOS

Butter Smooth
36%
Nice and Greasy
9%
Fluid
9%
Your Average
9%
I've Seen Better
36%
Rough
No votes
Ugly. Better Throw Some Oil On It
No votes

Total votes : 11

Re: Critique My Form - Let The Flaming Begin

Postby USAnarchy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:28 am

rehder wrote:How have you measured the distance you are throwing?

I have checked distances with GPS. It claims to be accurate to within 3 meters so lets just say 10 feet of error. I would hope its that accurate, since I am the one re-measuring the course for new tee signs and accurate distances would be pretty crucial (or nice) to have.

Alright, I played a second round yesterday without the ankle brace, and it was okay. Little sore after the round, but i rubbed and stretched real good afterwards and then put ice on it. Feeling fine today.

Guess i will start working on staying on my toes again and see how the tournament this weekend goes. (rhyme not intended.)

Im not going to try and add a run up, just so i dont kill off my timing, but i will try to stay light on my feet.
Accuracy is Slow. Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast. Fast is Far.
The Less Effort, The Faster and More Powerful You Will Be - Bruce Lee
Know What You Throw. Throw What You Know.
It's Not A Routine If You Have To Think About It.
-=| Click Here To See What's Currently In My Bag |=-
USAnarchy
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: Critique My Form - Let The Flaming Begin

Postby USAnarchy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:19 am

Alright. after a few rounds of trying to stay on my toes i have realized that due to my ankle, i had been really throwing with my weight too far back to try and make it comfortable and to allow my ankle to pivot through since i wouldnt have most of my weight over it.

so, im going to have to basically shorten my x-step in the mean time to get use to throwing over my plant foot again.

exciting stuff. very exciting. Means i have some untapped power since i havent really been getting my weight shifting with the throw properly. Also, i believe im half hitting, but im not sure if this is due to the lack of follow through and weight being back.

need to mess around some more and see if weight shift fixes it.

Also, i really need to start trying to hit with my hips again, but everytime i focused on exploding with the hips, i would go from reaching back to 6 on a clock face, and then the disc would rip out around the 2:30 or 3 area of the clock. Of course, im aiming towards the 12, so that is quite a big margin of error on hitting my line.

any suggestions?
Accuracy is Slow. Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast. Fast is Far.
The Less Effort, The Faster and More Powerful You Will Be - Bruce Lee
Know What You Throw. Throw What You Know.
It's Not A Routine If You Have To Think About It.
-=| Click Here To See What's Currently In My Bag |=-
USAnarchy
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Previous

Return to Video Critique