First time posting video

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

First time posting video

Postby biodarwin » Mon May 31, 2010 10:52 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwqhKEGjmRE

15 FPS

Here is a few drives from over the weekend. I believe i am throwing a Monarch, Valkyrie, and Orcs. Most of these drives were in the 330' area. I've thrown up 380 before but I can hit the 330' consistently. I have been playing for 10 months.

~330 Orcs / Monarch / DX Teebird
~310 Teebirds / Leopards
~280 Rocs
~240 Aviar

I know its hard on working more than one thing at a time. What should I start with first?
Orc | Valkyrie | Teebird | Leopard | Buzz | Aviar
Buy/Sell/Trade??? http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16798&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
biodarwin
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc,Leopard,Teebird

Re: First time posting video

Postby JR » Mon May 31, 2010 11:57 pm

You turn the torso too early before the disc has passed the right pec. Allowing the disc past the right pec before turning the torso less than 90 degrees right of the target gets the disc close to the left pec. This also allows getting the elbow far in front of the left side which primes the snap. Two or three inches more the the left with the last step left leg placement is about right for aligning the body to the flat shot. The plant should be heel inline with the right shoulder.

Twisting the hips and turning the shoulders more left than the lower body parts adds a lot of power. Try delaying the onset of the fast pull with the arm at least 4" but try even later and see which gives you the most D now. That point will probably change as the acceleration will become more explosive with practice.

I'd say that first you should get the disc past your right pec with torso facing 90 degrees right of the target and pulling the disc close to the left pec.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JR » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:03 am

Also try keeping the right leg on the ground until after the disc has left your fingers.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby biodarwin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:15 am

Thanks JR,, I really appreciate your input.
Orc | Valkyrie | Teebird | Leopard | Buzz | Aviar
Buy/Sell/Trade??? http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16798&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
biodarwin
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc,Leopard,Teebird

Return to Video Critique