Another video after working on some things

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Another video after working on some things

Postby weedjj » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:29 am

Hey everybody,

I just started playing last fall and instantly got hooked. With a long history in ball golf before this, I decided when I was learning how to throw, I wanted to learn correctly from the beginning so 5-10 years down the road I didnt have to fix a whole bunch of bad habits. When my form was obviously not what it needed to be after posting a video a few months ago, I decided to blow it up and just work from the hit backwards and stop at the right pec drill. So I have been playing like this for the last 2-3 months. My scores have been getting better and better and I made great strides near the beginning, but after a couple of months, my advances are starting to slow down. I know I am not hitting it like I should still.

WHen I start getting the snap down, I plan on lengthening my reach back, but I want to nail the snap first. I can throw my Core 280 or so with a fan grip fairly easily and hit 320 with a power grip, but I cant get the rest of my discs to come out with the same oomph. As always, I appreciate all feedback to help nail this down before I start incorporating a longer reach back.

Thanks again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYMGDHRzcGs
weedjj
Noob

Favorite Disc: River

Re: Another video after working on some things

Postby masterbeato » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:26 am

weedjj wrote:Hey everybody,

WHen I start getting the snap down, I plan on lengthening my reach back, but I want to nail the snap first.

Thanks again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYMGDHRzcGs

awesome....that is a good idea it is easier to get timing down with a shorter reach back.

keep it up, that 2nd throw you got good acceleration.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby seabas22 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:47 am

Weight is back. Try a shorter plant with more knee bend.
seabas22
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: thunderbird

Postby JR » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:20 am

Before you add more reach back try to keep the wrist down at the hit now it raises for nose up throws. That is worsened by varying release heights. If you manage to keep the disc at the same height at the rip as it is at the reach back that won't raise the nose up. Bending the right knee and straightening the left from pushing fast forward helps to get the weight forward and minimize nose up throwing. You seem to have a very slight tilting inward of the wrist at the reach back. Straightening the wrist helps to keep the dsic closer to the torso bending the elbow more for a harder snap.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique