My drives

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

My drives

Postby thuracine187 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:48 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgm8fTQjO3s

Been playing for a year. These where the first throws of the day. Was going to post a video with drives from the beginning of the session and the end of it but the camera died.

Valks where flying 380'
Teebird 350'
Mid-ranges 300'-330'
Wizards 270'-300'
thuracine187
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Orc

Re: My drives

Postby JR » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:07 am

Planting toes farther away from the target and reaching back farther offers more potential for D. Realizing it requires great timing and body control. You should check what happens when you accelerate the arm later and more explosively.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby thuracine187 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:05 pm

At the end of the practice I was exhausted, threw 10 drives with my arm and wrist completely limp. Started feeling the disc rip out of my hand, the disc where going just as far but with a lot less effort.
About my left arm, I am not keeping it tight to my side. Going to drive with my hand in my pocket to keep it off the disc and close to my side. Also looks like my weight is still not forward enough.

Back to the field
thuracine187
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Orc

Postby zj1002 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:32 pm

yeah you are not shifting your weight. you just stand there at the end of your throw, and don't really let your body continue to rotate(you can hurt your right knee doing that). Be natural after the throw, don't stop yourself. Ask anyone I have played with, I fall down in front of the tee 2-3 times a round because my weight is shifted out over the disc and in front of me. I fully commit to the throw and let my body flow. you really aren't getting anything from your waist down.

The one thing that held me back was going out to the practice field and focusing on how far my disc went. The practice field is not about distance, it is about technique. During every throw it looked like your head was focused on how far you were throwing. Focus on shifting weight, delaying the hit, and following through. You will see better distance in the long run.
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Return to Video Critique