Video clips by jr, lcgm8, mafa and others

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Video clips by jr, lcgm8, mafa and others

Postby JR » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:52 am

Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Craig Smolin » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:12 am

this is another amazing Scandinavian course ... makes me want to take a vacation there ... as long as my wife would actually let me bring discs with me, because there's no way she'd let me go without her.
The University of Michigan - "Hail to the Victors" - Class of '99
Drivers: TLs, Sidewinders, Wraiths
Mid-ranges: Shark, Meteor, Buzzz, Wasp
Putters: Wizards
Craig Smolin
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:27 am

SDGO round 1 part 3
http://www.youtube.com/user/lcgm8#p/u/2/gpuqNcudWvc

SDGO round 1 part 4:
http://www.youtube.com/user/lcgm8#p/u/1/N5pplepQGSU

Interview with Kenneth Lindqvist:
http://www.youtube.com/user/lcgm8#p/u/0/eCXr0WM0KI8

Check it out he's got a little different perspective to disc golf compared to others. He gets paid :-D
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby tiger aqua » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:33 pm

Great videos, but those three last Dutch open videos you just ruined with your comments.
Please make comment free versions.
tiger aqua
Noob

Favorite Disc: P2

Postby jaboc83 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:44 pm

That's a pretty poorly executed left-handed complement. Maybe you should spend hours filming and editing your own footage instead of making tasteless comments like that.
jaboc83
Noob

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby DiscJay » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:55 pm

tiger aqua wrote:Great videos, but those three last Dutch open videos you just ruined with your comments.
Please make comment free versions.

Not cool, tiger aqua. These guys put a ton of time and effort into these videos. There's no need to insult them like that. There are better ways to give criticism.
DiscJay
Noob

Favorite Disc: Elite Z Comet

Postby JR » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:54 am

There are some no comments clips on Youtube.

It's alright. People have different preferences and you can't please everyone. One can only hope to not offend too many. For style and content we do need feedback to see what the majority opinion is. And what people would like to hear in commentary style and information wise.

It is true that this is a rush job. I don't have enough free hours to do any better than this at the moment. I'm busy with work and don't have the time to practice let alone comment with a sore throat. Flu. This commentary was made with fewer retakes than normal because i was in a rush to get this ready prior to this years Dutch Open.

We've had feedback from pro players liking the sparse commentary in earlier work. At least for some the host droning on in every throw in commercial videos made by others is a distraction from the competition. I understand the need of new players to have more explanation. I wanted to see the reactions to more narration. Because the events are long i wanted to give the watchers some breaks still so there's a little less narration in the earlier rounds.

We have plans for Dutch Open and Stockholm Disc Golf Open 2010 that are unlike other projects we made. It's not ready for public announcement yet but it necessitates the explanation of fundamentals. So that those that have never heard of disc golf and new players can follow what's going on and get a leg up on improving in playing skills should they get interested in getting deeper into this great sport. With that goal in mind i planned to go even more into the nuts and bolts for a beginner crash course. I know that it isn't popular with the more experienced players but i think it needs to be done for the greater good of the sport. Sorry to those that are already moaning. We need to target as many different types of people as possible with these projects.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby tiger aqua » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:09 am

Ok that comment was little harsh and made at 3.30 saturday night.
But seriously there is some useful comments about OB, wind etc. You don't have to comment every throw or putt.
tiger aqua
Noob

Favorite Disc: P2

Postby JR » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:38 am

tiger aqua wrote:Ok that comment was little harsh and made at 3.30 saturday night.
But seriously there is some useful comments about OB, wind etc. You don't have to comment every throw or putt.

That's my preference too as a viewer. But i'm trying to do a public service so my wants must take the second seat.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Whiz » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:07 am

I COMPLETELY disagree with aqua. I thought your commentary was a fantastic contrast to the Billy Crump's and Cubby's of disc golf videos. I loved it. Keep it up. It was a great deadpan approach with no going crazy (verbally) over good or bad shots.
E* DD2, Wraith, Glow Firebird, S-P-C PD, TD, Leopard, Roc, KC Aviar
Whiz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: S Wiz/S PD

Postby Steady 26542 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:09 pm

I'm with Whiz. I loved the comments and you didn't go on and on. I do love where you show the distance for the hole before the first throwers shot. I get a better idea of how far the throws are going. Keep up the great work. Super videos!
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby what'shisname » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:19 am

Where'd Ville disappar to halfway through pt.4?
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Star Shark » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:37 pm

what'shisname wrote:Where'd Ville disappar to halfway through pt.4?

Ville goes through elbow troubles now and then. A side effect of throwing so many overheads and sidearms, no doubt.
-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Postby what'shisname » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:49 pm

Star Shark wrote:
what'shisname wrote:Where'd Ville disappar to halfway through pt.4?

Ville goes through elbow troubles now and then. A side effect of throwing so many overheads and sidearms, no doubt.

Just seemed kinda strange, he just finished ripping a great drive and was joking around in the background as the others drove, then no shot of him putting followed by a quick DFN and on to the next hole sans ville.

Anyway, great work on the coverage JR, thanks again for all the work, really enjoyed it. That course looks awesome too, i'd love to get over there for it one year.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby JR » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:27 am

That's not a permanent course. This year the Dutch Open is held in another town on another temp course.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

PreviousNext

Return to Video Critique