Video clips by jr, lcgm8, mafa and others

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Video clips by jr, lcgm8, mafa and others

Postby vto » Mon May 30, 2011 3:07 pm

Craig Smolin wrote:How do those of us with MacBooks download the video?

You need a bittorrent client, like uTorrent: http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/mac

Be prepared for long download though, as there is 30.8GB of video in that pack. And some slower machines choke when trying to playback such high quality video. But the picture quality really is awesome!
Quasar, Nuke, Predator, Orion LF, Orion LS, Roc, Comet, Sinus AP, Pure
vto
Noob

Favorite Disc: Orion LF

Postby JR » Mon May 30, 2011 10:42 pm

You can select single files to download which makes getting of the first one faster.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Purra » Tue May 31, 2011 4:16 am

And when we are talking about macbooks here's a good tip that i just realized. While watching the clips i had some slight lags sometimes (and i have 8 gb ram memory :) ) then i switched to Quicktime instead of VLC and the lagging disappeared. So if u gonna watch em on ur Macbook use Quicktime player instead of VLC if ur having lags.
Purra
Noob

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby JR » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:30 am

Disc Golf Club Tampere weeklies in June 2011 so far:

http://www.youtube.com/user/lcgm8#p/u/0/KmcBpYU2WTI

You can see some of the organizers of The European Open 2011 in the video. The club is heavily involved in the preparations.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:19 am

Bittorrent of weeklies of DGCT Disc Golf Club Tampere first half of June available for downloading here:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6504314
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:22 pm

No timetables and promises yet but we brewed up something sicknasty today. The raw data is probably quite nice although i've just scratched the surface of what was filmed on my three cameras and i haven't seen anything from one of them. Or from the cameras of lcgm8. I hope mafa was unnecessarily concerned about the focusing on the high speed camera.

The setup was me with a 3D camera and an HD camera filming with both simultaneously, lcgm8 with his newest HD camera, mafa with my 210 pictures per second high speed camera and Hannu Lappalainen, the author of Tali Open 2006 DVD among other video projects, with the older HD camera of lcgm8 at the receiving end of throws made by a disc golf luminary. I know this is a tease and it will take some time to make heads or tails about how to present the footage best. And this is after filming a lot more stuff and doing all sorts of work with the competition we shot. However long it takes i'm sure that it will be worth the wait.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:21 pm

Tali Open 2011 preview video with a star studded cast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-5aXEsTv8U

The side by side video should be compatible with Nvidia 3D glasses on systems that have compatible graphics adapters, monitor and graphics driver installed i've been told. I haven't checked it out yet -i don't own such a system. I think there will be red/cyan glass viewable three dimensional pictures and video on the final release so that people with 2D monitors and televisions can also see three dimensional footage. Computer stores sell red/cyan glasses for dirt cheap prices i've been led to believe. I haven't checked actual prices. I got mine with the 3D camera.

Avery Jenkins threw some drives over me when i was lying on my back and especially the sidearms made a wicked sound coming so close over me. The 3D camera doesn't have that great a sound but luckily i filmed simultaneously with an HD camera as well :-) I'm sure that the experience won't be the same. Note that you do not want to be in front of a thrower of any caliber when they are throwing for your own safety.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:13 pm

We did video work today with jubuttib, varsi, lcgm8, mafa and his brother. All sorts of nice stuff :-D Again we are swamped under the work load because we have literally thousands of video clips that we need to go through. Let alone edit and publish. Goodies are coming up but i wouldn't wonder if some of it will take until winter to get out. The good thing about that is that there is a cure for cabin fever. Now that the largest filming effort is behind us we can proceed with editing stuff and getting some of the treats for your viewing pleasure. We filmed dozens of gigabytes of data per day for three days at first then from Wednesday until Sunday. So you can imagine what we have in waiting to be processed. Hours upon hours of raw data.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:32 am

JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Amateur » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Keep up the good work! Definately the best coverage our sport has to offer.
PD - Valkyrie - Buzzz - Challenger
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby Steady 26542 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:56 pm

JR wrote:European Open 2011 preview:

http://www.youtube.com/user/lcgm8#p/u/0/mMOavzoBre8

Sweet!!
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby JR » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:58 pm

I had a smile on my face after seeing this video for the first time :-)
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Peot » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:55 am

Cam't be overstated how much you guys do for us. Unbelievable! You are all collectively the best
Peot
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:34 pm

Peot wrote:Cam't be overstated how much you guys do for us. Unbelievable! You are all collectively the best

Thanks. We were doing double or triple duty at the EO. I don't think much if any of my material ended up on discgolfplanet broadcast but lcgm8 edited all and filmed most of the daily recaps raw data and Duesler may have added all sorts of text and graphics in his end. Dunno i haven't been able to watch the shows yet. We had long days... lcgm8 had an injury at the Tali Open so he needed to be careful with his leg and on FFA forums he wrote that he was losing the best filming places to overprotecting himself. I think the material is fine nevertheless.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:08 am

We had nothing to do with this video but i like it so a shout goes out to the makers of the video! Top US players in Germany during their tour of Europe:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR9m1Knx9uY
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

PreviousNext

Return to Video Critique