Jakes Drive Analysis

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Jakes Drive Analysis

Postby Jak3 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:40 pm

I only throw Pro plastic Destroyers. One is very old and pretty beat in, the other is fairly new.
I get the most distance with that old beat up destroyer. Both forhand (375') and bh (340').
Jak3
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Jak3 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:11 pm

I made a new video today. Looks like im still strong arming it doesn't it?

Ive been working on getting my weight forward by kicking off with my left foot.

I think my acceleration is better then last season/old video.. That old video is only in slow mo though too.

Edit: My reach back is hooking around and my arm is not fully extending. Need to work on that.

What timing issues do you see here? I feel like im not rotating my shoulder at the right time or something. Or maybe im releasing the disc to early? ANyone else see that?

Jak3
Noob

Postby JR » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:53 am

Try to have the pause. Search for that. After the pause getting the elbow farther forward before the chop helps. Having the pause means not turning the legs, hips etc. toward the target as early as you do. Getting the pause may help you to keep the disc closer to the body.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Jeronimo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:11 pm

You're arcing around your torso rather than whipping. That's whats making you say it looks like you're strong arming the disc. Your arm should move around your torso more in the shape of an ellipse (tight to the chest, then forward out&away from the body) rather than a circle. The whip motion is going to make your hand movement appear to be faster than it looks in your video with less effort.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Jak3 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:33 pm

Ive been going about my pull all wrong since the start. I took that whole starting the lawnmower idea literally as in i was pulling with a bunch of muscle like i was actually starting a hard to pull starter on a lawnmower lol...

Also i wanna add that i think i need to start rotating on the ball of my foot instead of my heal. I keep getting shin splints after 18 holes..
Jak3
Noob

Previous

Return to Video Critique