Im ready to be torn apart

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Im ready to be torn apart

Postby PhysicsIsFun » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:57 pm

I broke 400 feet golf distance the other day (with a slight tailwind I'll admit), but I know there are tons of things wrong with my form. Any tips, pointers, and critiques would be greatly appreciated.

I throw a glow gazelle in this video about 370-380 feet into a slight headwind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUmC0AJJVHc
| wizard | buzzz | eagle | valkyrie | firebird | PD |
PhysicsIsFun
Noob

Favorite Disc: changes frequently

Re: Im ready to be torn apart

Postby Jak3 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:49 pm

Looks pretty good.
Jak3
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby JR » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:30 am

More run up steps would increase distance. If you can maintain good enough form.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Dr. Burd » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:13 pm

I don't know that I can help much as that's about how far I throw (your pull line is probably in a better position than mine too).

That said, it looks like you need more weight forward and/or pull a little later (you appear to be really neutral at release). You need to get up off that back foot earlier. It's still touching the ground after the disc has left your hand and your plant foot is around 45 degrees.

Someone with a keener eye could tell you this for sure, but it looks like you're dipping in that left shoulder early. I got the Youtube video to stop at a frame that suggested this, but now I can't seem to find it again. I wouldn't worry a whole lot about this right now - it's a timing thing and not easy to change (I do this too and it's damned difficulty to concentrate on). There are probably bigger fish to fry at the moment.

I would guess you'll hit 400' by transferring the energy you're losing from your back leg - even if you transfer it inefficiently at first. Of course, it'll confuse your current timing too. :shock:

Good luck, keep us posted.
The Burd's Trade List | Aviar - Zone - Buzzz - XS - Teebird - Force
Dr. Burd
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby PhysicsIsFun » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:56 am

Thanks everyone. I'll get some field practice in and come back with some updates.
| wizard | buzzz | eagle | valkyrie | firebird | PD |
PhysicsIsFun
Noob

Favorite Disc: changes frequently

Return to Video Critique