Video of me driving, please help

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Video of me driving, please help

Postby Smigles » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:44 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtQXw61jfH4

First off : I know that i am almost off screen. Can you see anything where you can help, at all ? Or should i take another clip ?

Anyway, about me : I played Ultimate since 1996, getting old now, started discgolf :) Still need to change my throwing style from the ultimate disc. While both sports use frisbees and the ultimate certainly helps my overhead and sidearm rescue shots, the drives are nothing at all like in Ultimate. I play for 11 months now.

I use valkyri and orion LS for understable drives, and avengers, destroyers and a brand new crazy ass stable Boss for overstable stuff. I reach 400 foot with a good throw, but i want more :D The thing is, i can even throw my buzz 300 - 320 feet, so i figure that drivers should go much much further...
Smigles
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: Aviar,Wasp,Nuke

Re: Video of me driving, please help

Postby JR » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:12 am

You were warming up and went to the reach back with a hyzer and plant stepped and released anny. That may not create problems with consistency but it might. You ran left to right which is hyzer direction but you planted the final step to the left of the line you were running on which is anhyzer. That's gonna create spraying unless your timing is perfect every time. You don't need to touch the disc with your left hand. More power generation potential exists if you turn your feet and upper body backward to the target at the x step. You should get more weight shift forward for better distance and accuracy not to mention repetability. The heart should be as close to the target as the right knee at the disc rip.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Smigles » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:38 am

Holding the disc realy hyzer is something that i am realy not aware of. It comes from the ultimate days :( Thanks for pointing that out, i do it unconciously :(

I sometimes do this before the drive : hold the disc with the left and pull on it with the right hand, so that the grip is realy realy tight. I pull so hard with the right till it slips trough the fingers of the left hand. Then my right hand fingers are realy pressed against the rim of the disc. Somehow it feels good, should i not do this ? ( i do it so hard that i got calusses and even a blister once on the tip of my index, middle and ring finger of my right hand )

Heart over the right knee. I'll try that tonight on my driving range :D Thanks for the hints !
Smigles
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: Aviar,Wasp,Nuke

Postby JR » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:32 am

I'm not sure if you do other harm than to the tissue in your fingers with the right arm vs left arm pull if you still return the right arm muscles loose at the reach back. No problems we're here to learn and help each other out. The better you play the more fun you have so when more people are having more fun it's party time! That's frisbee spirit for you so thanks to the party meister of this site Blake and the people that taught him.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique