Anything wrong?

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Anything wrong?

Postby JustGotNiced » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:01 am

JustGotNiced
Noob

Re: Anything wrong?

Postby J-Bolt » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:56 am

Yes, link doesn't work.

J-Bolt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Vacant

Postby emiller3 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:00 am

This isn't "wrong", but I'd be curious what kind of D you get with a lower pull (naval-height.)
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby JR » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:18 am

Depending on what you were going for you could gain more power by reaching back way farther. That means turning your back to the target. With the obvious accuracy ramifications. Taking the left hand off of the disc will help with reaching back too. More leg speed will make your follow through symmetric with you plant step. That is desirable. You can twist the hips right of neutral and faster which will give you more power. See what happens when you pull closer to the chest. Try all three versions to see what suits you best for the moment: Close to left pec only, close to right pec only and close to both pecs. Inches count.

I assumed you threw anny on purpose.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JustGotNiced » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:24 am

I threw pretty much flat, no anny. But thanks for the criticism, I will definitely take it onto the practice field!
JustGotNiced
Noob

Postby zj1002 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:35 am

The disc stays the same speed for most of the pull. You are probably a very accurate player, which can better than power in most cases. You are smooth but you have no explosion at the end when the disc comes out. I got to watch a feldberg and climo clinic at NCDGC last week and they pointed out something I never realized. Their reach back actually consists of their body moving to where their arm was, rather than them stepping and reaching back. This allows them to use even less energy in their arm so that when the need to pull it can go from zero to 100 instantly. It really helps with timing the hips and rest of the body if you can visualize that. It may not help you but it is something to think about
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby JustGotNiced » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:46 am

That makes a ton of sense actually. I was actually 350' thrower 2 weeks ago, then something clicked. I accidentally started my pull-through about half a second later than I normally was, which caused my hips to pull my shoulders, my arm, etc. Then BOOM, my longest drive I had ever hit. I think my main issues right now are reach back and explosion. I've started to do the hammer drills, so that should work out the explosion issues...
JustGotNiced
Noob

Return to Video Critique