Form analysis- what can I do better?

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Form analysis- what can I do better?

Postby moorent » Tue May 03, 2011 8:44 pm

This is my first video to submit to this forum, hopefully I can get some good advice.

disc is a 171 star wraith

http://bit.ly/mrCdoM
Last edited by moorent on Tue May 03, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
moorent
Noob

Favorite Disc: Orion LF

Re: Form analysis- what can I do better?

Postby keltik » Tue May 03, 2011 8:59 pm

you could have just embedded the video directly here.

welcome to the forum.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby moorent » Tue May 03, 2011 9:03 pm

can't find a way to embed the video with the slow-mo option
moorent
Noob

Favorite Disc: Orion LF

Postby JR » Wed May 04, 2011 3:19 am

Welcome. If you find you throw farthest with the disc close to the left pec away from the right pec as opposed to the other way round sure. The third option would be to pull close to both pecs and getting the elbow to lead the arm motion until the disc is by the right pec. Fourth option that for me anyway enhances the speed of the wrist snap is to reach back far away from the left pec and close to the right. The last version requires aligning stepping and body positioning differently.

For more power generation at the cost of accuracy you can reach back farther back. Then it becomes a matter of shot planning to decide which disc and form to use. Your current form is better for accuracy although that is marred by your bringing the disc around the body to the left of the teepad in the reach back. That is a fine trick for max distance throws. The place should be there because it creates more difficulty and things that can go wrong for accuracy shots.

For max distance i'd increase the turning back farther incrementally until you are in good enough control to stay on the fairway on open holes with back to the target in the x step. The feet need to turn farther away from the target. In the full reach back both feet 180 degrees away from the target.

Your arm pull is from down at the reach back to high at the release. If you keep it level you'll throw straighter and farther.

I'd test different starting points for the fastest arm acceleration. Search for the right pec drill on these forums.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby keltik » Wed May 04, 2011 9:04 am

moorent wrote:can't find a way to embed the video with the slow-mo option

add slow-mo in editing.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby black udder » Fri May 06, 2011 8:48 am

I'd guess that the disc is slipping out a little early as your shoulders get turned before you unhinge your elbow. You want the elbow to be coming open before you rotate so far around. Looks like you have pretty good arm speed. You should get something of your lower body/feet, too.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Return to Video Critique