In need of a some advice.

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

In need of a some advice.

Postby Gordo » Mon May 16, 2011 6:35 pm

I've been doing quite a bit of field work lately and decided to seek charity help. I would say professional but no such service exists. I'm maxing out around 320' field or actual golf d. I'm throwing low and hard(for me) due to nose issues. Putter distance with a KC Aviar is 240'. The video below is a 300' throw with 170ish a dx eagle. I'm frustrated with a lack of self improvement and am seeking advise.

Help please!!
KC Aviar Comet Buzzz Pls Eagle Predator Valkyrie Olf
Gordo
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: In need of a some advice.

Postby seabas22 » Mon May 16, 2011 7:28 pm

No Snap! Throwing a disc is different than trying to spin the disc. You be curling your arm and wrist from the reachback. Snap comes from allowing your body to provide the coil and uncoil and trying to keep the wrist straight to resist this coil and uncoil. The wrist only needs to move a little bit to provide bounce and since you are already cocked, it doesn't bounce. Reachback and inward pull should be loose and the hips/shoulders pull the arm into the chest and then throw while keeping the disc in a straight line from reachback to hit.

The disc is oriented nose up in your grip with the back of the disc hanging below your forearm. Bring the rear of the disc atleast inline with the forearm or higher for better nose down.

You may want to watch the snap 2009 vids first.

Secret Technique:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19220

Maxing at 300':
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16139

Snap 2009:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13291
seabas22
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: thunderbird

Postby Gordo » Tue May 17, 2011 5:03 am

Thanks! Now I have something specific to work on.
KC Aviar Comet Buzzz Pls Eagle Predator Valkyrie Olf
Gordo
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby JR » Tue May 17, 2011 11:46 am

Hi. You don't reach back that far. Turning your back to the target will give more distance once you have the body control to stay in balance. Something that is lacking now. That may be helped with shortening the last step. It's easiest if you don't raise the right leg from the hip joint toward the target when the chest points around 90 degrees left of the target. You'd stay more in balance in the follow through if you moved the final step landing position about 4-6" to the right.

I couldn't tell from the vid if your left leg raised off os the ground before the disc ripped out. It shouldn't.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique