Feedback Appreciated

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Feedback Appreciated

Postby rusch_bag » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:27 pm

Well I am trying to get my form back after my back being rough for pretty much the entire summer and I feel like things are starting to come together. I had my flip cam in my car so I thought I would take some video of me, but this was the only throw I got on video which also happened to be the one that I was trying to get the camera lined up and my very first throw of the day so it is very controlled. The wind was a left to right cross wind so it pretty much killed my throw as well as I just threw your normal teebird shot instead of using the wind. I was more worried about my form than how far the disc was actually going. Anyway, here is the video. Any feedback would be appreciated!

rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Re: Feedback Appreciated

Postby JR » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:33 pm

The running direction is slightly anny, the plant step position is for more anny and the follow through step is for even more anny and not symmetrical with the x step to plant step motion. They should be mirror images. Failing that will lead to reduced accuracy and consistency with possible power reductions. As approach form goes this is ok, but for full on open field distance golf drives you should turn your back to the target at the reach back and feet farther away from the target too. You lack the arm acceleration of a full power drive, but are very smooth so it suits an approach shot well.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby rusch_bag » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:46 pm

I see I am drifting from right to left in my run up, but I am confused by what you mean for the other two. Are you saying my plant step needs to be to the right more? Where should my plant foot be planting? and where should my follow through step be? Forward? I really messed up my back this summer so I have been scared to really throw it since I have a fear of hurting myself again. Later in the field session I was getting more comfortable and loose, but it is taking a lot longer than I thought it would for me to feel comfortable throwing again. Thanks for the feedback.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby JR » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:06 am

Plant position and follow through step position vary according to the angle you wanna throw on. For a flat shot you want your line of running to be straight at where you want to throw and planting step should land on that line or a couple of inches to the left of it. The follow through step should land on the same line. For an anny you do run from back right to front left and plant to the left of the line of the running direction and follow through step lands to the right of that line. A hyzer runs from rear left to front right and the plant is to the right of the line and follow through step lands to the left of the line. Doing this also reduces the stresses of different body parts moving to different directions. This way you don't twist anything out of place and that gives a little relief to your back too.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby rusch_bag » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:59 am

This probably explains why I am left of my target quite often and a good reason for why my back hurts. Thanks JR. I know you have told me this stuff before in the past, but I am going to actually make sure I fix it now.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby JR » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:47 pm

rusch_bag wrote:This probably explains why I am left of my target quite often and a good reason for why my back hurts. Thanks JR. I know you have told me this stuff before in the past, but I am going to actually make sure I fix it now.

That sounds like a reasonable analysis and hope your back will get better.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby rusch_bag » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:28 pm

I think I am going to stop playing for awhile. My back is awful and it is just ruining my form.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Return to Video Critique