Critique my throw please!

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Critique my throw please!

Postby Royalhghnss » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:26 pm

Royalhghnss
Noob

Favorite Disc: Sidewinder

Re: Critique my throw please!

Postby JR » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:40 am

The plant step is too long. The disc does not move in a straight line towards the target i think. Or if it does your body is facing the wrong way and you run to the right of the target. A local 200 meter in a storm thrower does bring the disc close to the left side and gets the disc not so close the the right side (at least not always) like Garrett Gurthie in an Innova video with Paul McBeth also filmed in slo mo. You are like that too. I'd also test shoulder pause and getting the disc close to the right pec with elbow far ahead of the right side to see, how it changes your arm motion. I get a snappier and more explosive arm acceleration that way.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Dookville » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:48 am

JR makes some great points. My game isn't as far along as his might be, so only a few things that are easy to fix popped out to me right away. Evrything looks great in your runup up until you take the plant step, it is a little long (Maybe). Based on this being slo-mo, I'm really sure how fast your forward motion is when putting down your plant foot, but it looks like you have enough forward motion for your weight to transfer forward onto that foot as it rotates for a nice clean hit and finish. What is happening though is you are stiffening that leg and blocking your forward momentum. You can tell by how your arm is dropping down at the hit and it wobles as it comes off your hand. Your left leg doesn't carry through following the throw and you body falls out to the right.

This can be cleaned up by trying to get your off hand and the left side of your body to follow through in behind the disc as you weight tranfer all the way forward by not lock that plant foot. Keep that plant knee a little bent to help achieve this.

Hey, you look nice and athletic throwing, keep going man.
"JimW wrote:
Every time I've ever tried to implement any of the advice from on here to get more distance on my drives it has ended up wrecking my game completely for a while.
Dookville
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PAIN

Postby Royalhghnss » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:16 pm

Thanks so much guys. I'll give what you said a shot, and see what happens :)
Royalhghnss
Noob

Favorite Disc: Sidewinder

Return to Video Critique