Any tips

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Any tips

Postby kcoates » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:50 pm

Looking for any tips you guys might have. I think I may be rushing the pull and the hit, but I don't know. Anything would be helpful, and sorry the video sucks.

http://youtu.be/CglOa33ROHg
kcoates
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Re: Any tips

Postby JR » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Hi and welcome to DGR. You are trying to rotate as fast as possible. That does not make the disc rotate as fast as it could which also robs speed. Are you familiar with the term pause? You lack that portion of the throw where the torso rotation slows down enough to allow the disc to move from the left side to beyond the right side with the elbow leading being way closer to the target than the right side. Distance record holder Christian Sandström says that if your motions aren't in control you lose power. He says that for a flat throw the follow through step should mirror the x step. So for a flat throw each step should land on the center line of the tee. That includes the follow through step.

For you the planting position of the follow through step is way too far to the right. That is the follow through planting position for an anhyzer. That means that not every motion was directed in the same direction. Whenever body parts push and pull in different directions you reduce the exit speed of the disc.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique