Degraded(?) form, pick it apart please.

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Degraded(?) form, pick it apart please.

Postby turso » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:33 pm

okay, didn't keep a check on my form last summer at all really, just played quite a bit and gained around 50' max distance till I pulled a ligament in my knee late summer and had to take a 3 3 month sick leave from dgolf. I seemed to adapt a very long finishing step to my form of which I'm not sure if it's a good or a bad thing.

My second session of the year and hitting a measly 430' with 150g bliz bosses, point out the biggest flaws that suck the power out of the swing and tips to correct them are appreciated, I realise the form isn't very consistent, I'm guessing the last throw is nicest form-wise:

Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Re: Degraded(?) form, pick it apart please.

Postby JR » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:49 pm

If you could pause a little longer you could get the elbow farther forward and a longer pull. The left arm is dragging along passively. Have you tried to move it faster forward than the body so that you gain a little more power? The hips don't twist to the right of neutral late in the throw. The shoulders do turn a little to the right of the hips but that too could be emphasized more. If you can't shorten the final step despite consciously trying to you should try to slow down in the run up and only do a quick step with the plant step. After the form is ok gradually increasing speed maintaining form is the quickest fix usually.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique