Looking for input

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Looking for input

Postby keddewedde » Sun May 06, 2012 10:59 am

Hi, new to the board here. My fourth year playing and I would love some critigue. Distance wise I guess I can push it out to 120-130 meters on distance drives.

Filmed in slow-motion on my phone, so no normal speed. Will upload more footage in normal speed later.
Any major or minor issues that needs work - probably.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFJb_R_qiTQ&feature=plcp

Thanks,
Kristian
keddewedde
Noob

Re: Looking for input

Postby JR » Sun May 06, 2012 11:37 am

Hi and welcome. Välkommen?

Health wise you had too much shoe sole to ground contact. That twists the knee and the ankle at least and won't be good for the lower back. You didn't turn the head away from the target and that limits how far you can reach back. The same goes for the direction of the feet. Were you trying to throw a control shot or for maximizing distance. You lifted the left leg up before the disc left. No joy that contributes to not generating all the power you could. Just as not twisting the hips does and the shoulders could turn more. The disc was anhyzer in the reach back and that changed to a hyzer. That can lead to inconsistency. I would keep the same angle from before you take the first step until after the disc has left with the arm. Do my eyes lie or is your thumb facing up after the shot? You should turn the thumb down after the disc leaves. You started to accelerate the arm fast early on. I'd experiment which arm acceleration point gives you the most distance now and repeat the test each year. The body changes over time so you should keep track of that.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby keddewedde » Sun May 06, 2012 12:06 pm

Wow, a lot of good advice there. Thank you and by the way I'm from Denmark so it's actually velkommen :D

I was actually throwing for control, so my body positions should reflect that somewhat though your advise probably also apply to my distance throws. I know I have trouble turning my back and head all the way against the target, so I'll definately work on that as well as my arm pull angles and acceleration point.

I think you are right about my thumb, as I've been having some problems with rolling over my wrist which is really messing up my timing leading the disc to turn over. Is forcing the wrist down during the throw the best fix here?
keddewedde
Noob

Postby JR » Sun May 06, 2012 1:06 pm

Kristian is also a Swedish name so välkommen could have been appropriate.

Rolling over is best countered with stiffening the wrist area. When depends but a good point would to have it start as the front of the disc comes to the right side. That means that the command to do that must leave the brains earlier but how fast your nervous system works varies from person to person so there should be an offset. The other help (a small one only) is to rotate the thumb down but only after the disc has left. Again the brain commands should leave ahead of time. The third fix would be to limit arm speed so that the wrist isn't rolled by more force. Meaning a loose start with the arm pull with acceleration later.

The more you turn your back on the target the more balance, body guidance control and muscle power you need to not twit every which way as the speeds increase and the torque and joint position off swinging forces increase.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique