Noob form help

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Noob form help

Postby smook » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:51 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iilhYBWYXNE

Please help my form.

I currently throw ~300'
I believe I have OAT and balance issues
smook
Noob

Favorite Disc: Discraft Z Buzzz

Re: Noob form help

Postby JR » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:00 pm

Welcome.

Rounding check out what Climo minute ep. 1 on youtube has to say about that. Hips bent how about staying upright? Not that long of a reach back. That is the big killer of distance. When you plant the x and plant step both toes should point away from the target and the arm should reach back as far away from the target as possible. That long distance for the arm to accelerate adds speed thus distance to a drive. Of course it needs a lot more balance and timing thus coordination. Often times you feel like tripping down so it is easy to not accelerate the arm. It'll get better with practice and here field practice with quick multiple repeats is the king of all training methods. Try to pause the body rotation long enough for you to actively move the whole arm from the shoulder motion forward so that the elbow is beyond your right side before you straighten the elbow. Now your elbow doesn't bend much at all=lots of lost power. Also check out my signature. Try to raise the ball of the right foot higher when you begin the foot pivot. That increases power and won't hurt you like being flat footed will eventually.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique