clard's throws

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

clard's throws

Postby clard » Wed May 08, 2013 12:52 pm

I finally got around to taking a bit of video of my throw, and I would really love some help. Most of my drives are in the 340'-380' range, and I occasionally break 400'.

clard
Noob

Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: clard's throws

Postby clard » Fri May 10, 2013 7:09 am

So, I think that I'm not really pausing at all with my shoulders. I can't quite tell, but I may not be stopping the elbow at all either.

Help me, dgr, you're my only hope.
clard
Noob

Postby black udder » Fri May 10, 2013 2:24 pm

it's a tough angle to get a lot of info from (since all the throws are about the same angle). How far did those throws go (approx)? It looks like you're over rotating a bit, your shoulders are open a bit early. But you're throwing further than me, so I could be totally wrong. Also, to help others comment properly - is that distance 340'-380' on flat ground and on demand? Can you throw 350' on flat ground every time you need to (perhaps a bit off to the left or right) or is it more like you can hit it most of the time, but not all the time? Again, just some questions you might be able to answer which could help others analyze more accurately.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby clard » Fri May 10, 2013 6:23 pm

I can get some more footage from different angles. So, those throws maybe weren't the best examples since I wasn't quite trying to hurl it as far as I could. The first two were buzzzs that went around 280' and the other two were drivers that were in the 320-340 range . I can throw 350 on flat ground on demand, BUT I have been screwing with my form almost every day so sometimes I am on and sometimes I'm off.
clard
Noob

Postby Stringbean » Fri May 10, 2013 8:04 pm

You could benefit from getting your left arm closer to your body. Looks like it is loose and lagging behind a bit.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Return to Video Critique