European open on tv and the web

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

European open on tv and the web

Postby JR » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:03 am

http://yle.fi/ohjelmat/2254964
While i am not in charge of media and comms at the European open i might be the only staffer that comes here regularly so i decided to highlight this historic occasion. Finnish broadcasting Corporation channel 2 shows over an hour of the final of the eo final live nation wide on tv. The above link is the web broadcast. Sometimes the programs are restricted to viewers in finland but a proxy site should help with that. More info on www.opendiscgolf.com typed on mobile phone
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: European open on tv and the web

Postby Varsi » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:17 am

I've been wondering about this discgolfplanet.tv Schedule 2013.
There's just nothing more recent mentioned anywhere.
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby JR » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:42 pm

I guess there will be plenty of video cameras on site during the finals. YLE, Terry Roddy and me most likely and i would not wonder if Esa Arokki is there too. Perhaps others too plus stills people and the spectators.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:49 pm

Crazy shot of the day at the presidents cup typo i know mobile phone at night... arttu sikanen tossed a long hyzer low ob left as a second throw on the longest hole and the disc flew as planned skipping off the ob road. Until it hit an oncoming car that sent the disc roilling back a looooooong way. Probably over 100 feet easily and the disc turned toward its top rolling back in with a huge roar from the crowd. And amazed comments by doss and wysocki on the same card.

Is there anyone who does not want to know who won? Do not read forward.

Europe put up a great fight and won some matches and others continued to the last hole with usa finishing slightly ahead. It was a surprise that given the rating difference not to mention d euro ladies tied the last round. And iirc cat got one point in the first round so there was an err cat fight going on. Sorry it is a long day and i am still working.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby luma » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:21 am

Will there be a way to see this not live? I mean will somebody upload this on YouTube afterwards? I would love so much to watch it but I have a German League ball golf tournament from Sunday 8:00-18:00. Damn. :|
luma
Noob

Favorite Disc: Axis all day long

Postby JR » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:11 pm

I am not sure at all. Iirc yle site linked in the original post had sonething about lifetime of the event being some weeks. Opendiscgolf.com might have the info too. Perhaps it will get youtubed later. As for germans at the eo christine hellstern played well and is fifth and iirc two men got over 1000 rated rounds today. Mcbeast is besting the beast.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby luma » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:00 pm

Allright, I will see.

Yeah I looked up the scores and saw a couple of my friends up there :) Would have loved to play there too, but not just yet. Maybe next year I'm good enough
luma
Noob

Postby JR » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:37 am

Willkommen in finnland nächstes jahr. I asked yle guys but they did not know if the program stays up but usually they are up for a week. No help from opendiscgolf.com.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Varsi » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:22 pm

You can watch the broadcast at http://areena.yle.fi/tv/1950263. It is in finnish tho.
I'm sure that once lcgm8 gets the videos compiled and has permission to release them we'll get better angles and way more coverage.

Edit//
Oh and the video is up until 12.7.2014
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Postby luma » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Perfect :) I think you meant 12.8. by the way.
luma
Noob

Postby Varsi » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:12 pm

luma wrote:Perfect :) I think you meant 12.8. by the way.

Nope. Says 12.7. there at the page. I did first typo the year. :)
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Postby luma » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:16 pm

Oh yes, totally overread that.

Just one question...I already wondered about that when I played the doubles with you and your partner...How do you Finnish people speak without swallowing your tongue? :D This language is really so fascinating
luma
Noob

Postby Varsi » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:21 pm

luma wrote:Oh yes, totally overread that.

Just one question...I already wondered about that when I played the doubles with you and your partner...How do you Finnish people speak without swallowing your tongue? :D This language is really so fascinating

Years of practice.
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:42 pm

You can put all nouns in a language together and call it a food. A less theoretical difference between finnish and most langyages is a grammatically correct word that is not used normally. Ällistyttämättömyydellensäkäänköhän. Think that is long? Wait until that is translated into other languages. It is a long sentence. But only a word and a sentence in finnish. Sometimes weird foreign and odd is objectively better than what you are accustomed to. I do go as far as saying that most habits in any culture are total phooey compared to what has been invented already. Let alone compared to what will be invented later.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:00 am

JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Next

Return to Video Critique