Thanks DGR!

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Thanks DGR!

Postby luma » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Not really a Video Critique but I thought it would fit in best here.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for helping me with my technique especially in the first months when I was playing. I started playing last August and have learned nearly all the basics from this site and the forum. In the last months I have started to compare my throw more to the pros' throws, which I found - who would have thought so - right here.

So, I have recorded an unofficial 1034 two weeks ago and have really started to find a lot of confidence in my throw. And just to show beginners what is possible to achieve in a year, I made a video of my form a year ago and now. I know that it's still far from perfect, and with professional help I could be a lot further, but I thought I might post it here.... :D :D

luma
Noob

Favorite Disc: Axis all day long

Re: Thanks DGR!

Postby JR » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:11 pm

That's a great round congratulations! Your putting must be hot or you are parking a lot of holes. 1034 rated round after one year is pretty damn amazing. I wonder if anyone else has ever gotten such a quick progression to such a hot round ever before? Maybe not. Geil!!!
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby luma » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:29 pm

I was simply in the zone with my drives. I parked a lot of holes and made absolutely no mistakes :) I actually only made one 35 footer and the rest was all inside 20-25'. Shot a 980-sth in the second round because the flow was lost a little, but still it was pretty nice :)
luma
Noob

Favorite Disc: Axis all day long

Postby PMantle » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:53 am

Why do some people touch the disc with their off hand? There's a reviewer on youtube who seems to drag the disc back with the off hand.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Return to Video Critique