Form

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Form

Postby niq » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:37 pm

Looking to see what you guys think. I'm kind of back and fourth between half hitting and no-hitting, wondering if there's anything I can clean up while I'm out in the field

niq
Noob

Re: Form

Postby seabas22 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:22 pm

Your posture collapses as you are throwing your upper body/spine/weight down over the top the front leg and leaving the lower spine and hips behind the throw. You finish with your spine pointed down the target line and head/shoulders past the front foot, your spine should finish more perpendicular and/or upright to the target line with the head/shoulders still braced from the inside of the foot. Your lower spine/weight should lead/sync the upper spine transfer to the inside of the front leg/foot/heel, so you finish more upright and stacked in posture.
seabas22
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: thunderbird

Postby niq » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:27 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! I think I understand what you mean, but you don't have any images/videos to reference do you?
niq
Noob

Postby seabas22 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:34 pm

seabas22
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: thunderbird

Postby niq » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:06 am

You have great analysis! at around 1:10 in my video, my front foot slipped (wet grass), but I remember that shot feeling really strong. I'm going to work on this and report back!
niq
Noob

Postby JR » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:39 am

Your hips and shoulders do not work at all they turn along with the legs. You need a little more bracing to lengthen the pause. Your arm seems too tense and it probably is that even before the first step. Strong arming. Exhaling deeply and shaking the arm and staying that loose helps. That way you will get a snappier throw. I would like to see less sole to ground contact in the plant step for safety power and consistency. You need a dry normal friction tee to practice on.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby niq » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:55 pm

I have another video that I recorded the other night, but it was almost dark and i'm not sure how to change the contrast/brightness of the video (permanently). Anyone know of an easy way to adjust this? I was able to change the settings in VLC media player, but that was only for viewing and didn't affect the original video.

My findings (I went off of concrete this time): Resisting the collapse even slightly seemed to be the difference between me half hitting and not hitting, but i'm not used to digging in this hard so I'll have to keep working on that. It seems like my upper body collapses because it shifts slightly towards the target (right around the right pec area), do you think it would be better to be facing more towards the camera for longer?

EDIT: I figured out how to save the contrast/brightness (you may want to mute it, i don't know what happened to the sound), here is the video:

1st throw: champ sidewinder, no idea on the distance (nothing notable)
2nd throw: star wraith, ~400', line drive
3rd throw: pro destroyer ~420', S-curve
niq
Noob

Postby JR » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:06 am

Yes you should have a longer pause aka looking at the camera longer. Tightening up the lower body muscles in the tummy and back should help in keeping you upright at the hit. It is ok to lean forward in the follow through.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique