Any tips for my throw.

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Any tips for my throw.

Postby rll131 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:39 pm

I'm throwing around 350 with a high speed Vulcan sometimes I get to around 375. Also I feel the snap on one throw and not the next . Any help appreciated.

http://youtu.be/7lx_l1E4kLM
rll131
Noob

Favorite Disc: roadrunner

Re: Any tips for my throw.

Postby JR » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:20 am

Turning the nose navel and toes away from the target in the reach back allows you to pull thd disc in a longer movement that makes the disc leave faster provided your timing and power generation and balance does not suffer. It is a tall order for most and may leave your drives shorter at first. It is normal to lose accuracy and consistency so another form is a good idea for control shots.

I would try to push the right elbow more forward before straightening the elbow. But never ever push it so far that shoulder to elbow points at the target and the elbow is bent. That would hurt possibly injuring you when the elbow straightens. If it does.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby rll131 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:27 am

Not sure what you mean about turning the nose naval. Also do you think I'm rotating my hips instead of shifting my weight forward?
rll131
Noob

Postby rll131 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:46 am

I'll get another video up next time I play with different angles something in my throw is hurting my upper arm/shoulder.
rll131
Noob

Postby JR » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:36 am

I am still typing on a phone and am lazy enough to not use commas in lists. Basicsll turn fully away from the target. The back needs to point at the target as well as heels and the back of your head.

You are not bracing the right leg hard enough and turn too early to face the target. The left leg active push happens a little too early too so both of those issues make it harder to get the elbow leading the throw. Not bracing enough makes it difficult to twist the torso right at the hips where you had a lot to improve upon.

The left leg pushing direction is appropriate for long jumping. It is too high aiming for a weight shift forward and a nose down flight is harder to achieve that way. Your left heel almost kicks your left glute and the proper heght should be the knee height. It is like the follow through step is a door swinging forward at a constant height moving on hinges.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique