Please Help My Drive!! (vid)

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Fritz, Solty, Booter, Blake_T, Frank Delicious

Please Help My Drive!! (vid)

Postby Slugsalt » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:13 am

Hi All..

New here, first post. I have been playing for a long time and I have never developed a good strong drive. I can never straighten a hyzer, and most throws just fly a hyzer for a little over 200 feet. I can get a little s curve with less stable discs, like my cyclone, but also can't throw this far. I think I am not getting good velocity. One thing I see in these vids is the disc is very wobbly right out of my hand on all three throws. I am sure this kills the drive. I am using a power grip. Please give me input on my technique. I know that disc selection matters as well, and I will buy some less stable discs, but my technique needs help first. Thank you in advance.

https://youtu.be/KWZlLNjVuHA

Slugsalt
Slugsalt
Noob

Favorite Disc: Aero

Re: Please Help My Drive!! (vid)

Postby black udder » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:28 pm

Hey - couple observations.

1. Your upper body is coming around too fast. You can see the disc at your shoulder. This is causing you to throw the disc in an arc instead of straight through.
2. You can also see the disc is a bit nose up.
3. You are pretty upright. You could be a smidge forward with your weight towards your front leg.

Check out the recent videos by Eagle McMahon and others for some good tips from the pros.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Return to Video Critique