So I'm looking for a camera...

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby sunspot » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:14 pm

mark12b wrote:mmm, old thread revival... this summer picked up a canon s5 IS... i did take some 60fps video of myself but saw enough areas for improvement that i didn't bother posting it. i feel better about my throw than i did at the beginning of the summer, so i should take some more before the weather gets too rainy..

While the S series were out of my budget I did hear good reviews for them.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby mark12b » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:29 am

yeah, it was an upgrade from an A80, finally bit the bullet and went for the bigger form factor. i'm pretty sure i won't ever want a real DSLR, so this is really the most camera i wanted out of everything out there. i'm still torn about using it for backpacking -- i'm an ultralight minimalist at heart but also like beautiful photos.
mark12b
1000 Rated Poster

Re: So I'm looking for a camera...

Postby Beetard » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:48 pm

I just got a camera for free. Sort of. My grandmother gave me her canon powershot A520 because she has a newer model now.

I'm just starting to learn how to use it, shoot videos with it, and download them to my computer.

From the instructions, it looks like it can shoot video at 15 fps. Is that fast enough to video a throw at all?

Any ideas what kind of store I could get a used tripod for cheap at?
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Favorite Disc: XL

Postby chunk » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:41 am

Beetard wrote:Any ideas what kind of store I could get a used tripod for cheap at?

i don't know about used gear, but i got a small table top tripod years ago that has a velcro strap that i can use to tie it to anything. it folds up small and fits easily into a dg bad, back pack, etc.
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby gretagun » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:01 pm

I just set a disc on the top of my bag, and placed my camera on top of that disc. I lined up my camera to film between two putters I had laid out, and threw from within that area. Maybe not as versatile and solid as a tripod, but I was pleased with the results.
Wizard>Roc>Leopard>Teebird>Orc>Firebird
gretagun
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Rancho Roc

Previous

Return to Video Critique