Putting video

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Do you want to see a putting video?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:31 pm

Yes
83%
No
8%
Don't look at me that way!
8%

Total votes : 24

Putting video

Postby geoloseth » Thu May 29, 2008 4:31 pm

Is anyone interested in seeing a putting video? You can either point out flaws, laugh, or take some notes. It's really up to you.
geoloseth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Timko » Thu May 29, 2008 8:14 pm

That's the video that I need to post. I actually think I'm a pretty good putter (which makes up for crappy driving).
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby BLURR » Thu May 29, 2008 9:37 pm

Putting is my saving grace for my game. I am usually 75-80% or better from 35 and in. On a side note, if anybody in the Chicago area has ever played with Jimmy Mac, that boy can flat out putt. Somebody needs to get that boy on tape to show how to bang 50 footers and make it look easy.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby mark12b » Thu May 29, 2008 11:04 pm

a while back i watched a bunch of the putting videos in the throw analysis section but couldn't really pick anything up from them. i think it would be helpful though for lots of folks to see some new putting videos and especially critique/discussion of them.

i just got a new camera and plan on finally doing some videos of my own, including putting. i shot myself driving last week and found so much to work on it wasn't worth posting. somewhere i read that videoing yourself during putting practice is one of the best ways to improve and get consistent.

it would be best to not only see videos of good putts, but of bad ones too. that's the problem with the stuff in the throw analysis section, it's hard to see what they're *not* doing. if there was one or two misses in a set of 10 it would be clearer what mistakes to avoid.
mark12b
1000 Rated Poster

Postby geoloseth » Thu May 29, 2008 11:28 pm

It looks like there is enough want so I'll get one on my camera soon. I was planing on just shooting running video of about 10 putts of foot forward and straddle. Hopefully I make them all but if I don't I won't cut anything out.

Are there any putting methods that people want to see. The list in my head is foot forward (straight and loft) and then straddle (straight and loft)
geoloseth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Fri May 30, 2008 4:12 am

geoloseth wrote:It looks like there is enough want so I'll get one on my camera soon. I was planing on just shooting running video of about 10 putts of foot forward and straddle. Hopefully I make them all but if I don't I won't cut anything out.

Are there any putting methods that people want to see. The list in my head is foot forward (straight and loft) and then straddle (straight and loft)

Sounds great!!!

Everyone elses videos are appreciated too :-D
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique