Chris Boro, Barry Schultz, Justin Bunnell slow motion drives

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Beetard » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:33 pm

I dunno, those drives didn't look like they were all that. None of them looked nose down.
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Favorite Disc: XL

Postby Blink » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:42 am

Eh? I think that's on a long hole, likely throwing nose up to 20 or 30+ foot apex then flipping to nose down. A distance line. Pulling upwards is a good thing too.
Blink
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Champ Archangel

Postby black udder » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:49 am

Triplebogey wrote:
dgdave wrote:Barry has a really unique form. He's not a good person to try to emulate, except not being hurky-jerky

Maybe that's why he prefers understable discs. His tecnique is so smooth that he has 0 OAT.

Depends on what you mean by understable - here's what's in his bag as of May 2008 - Putters (flippy thru new), Rocs (flippy thru new), leopards, beast, destroyer, firebird, wraith & teebird. He's basically covering all the spots that Blake says you need to cover in your bag.

I imagine that most pros should have no unintentional OAT. To play at the top level, I would just expect that you'd need to be able to throw just about any shot and with OAT, it makes it difficult to do that.

Not arguing, just saw the "what's in your bag" on youtube so thought I'd comment.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby Aaron_D » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:21 am

OVERLAP!!! and he should really be throwing wizards over his aviars and preds over his firebirds. No one really needs a destroyer AND a wraith :)

:oops: :roll: :lol:
My Drive-> http://www.youtube.com/user/CpJ123?feature=mhw5#p/u/0/OWX_jHYB4bg

Wizard * Roc * JLS * SOLF * Wraith * Predator
Aaron_D
I Throw Faaar

Postby garublador » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:27 am

dgdave wrote:Barry has a really unique form. He's not a good person to try to emulate, except not being hurky-jerky
I noticed that a lot in this video, too. Justin's form is awesome. There's so little wasted motion and he just explodes through the hit without even looking like he's trying. Watch how fast his throwng hand gets from the hit to being behind him. He looks more weight forward than Barry, too. Chris's form is pretty textbook. It looks like it's the easiest to emulate to me.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby gretagun » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:04 pm

black udder wrote:
Triplebogey wrote:

Maybe that's why he prefers understable discs. His tecnique is so smooth that he has 0 OAT.

Depends on what you mean by understable - here's what's in his bag as of May 2008 - Putters (flippy thru new), Rocs (flippy thru new), leopards, beast, destroyer, firebird, wraith & teebird. He's basically covering all the spots that Blake says you need to cover in your bag.

I imagine that most pros should have no unintentional OAT. To play at the top level, I would just expect that you'd need to be able to throw just about any shot and with OAT, it makes it difficult to do that.

Not arguing, just saw the "what's in your bag" on youtube so thought I'd comment.

Looks like he still has that same prototype Beast which he said is the first one he rec'd from Innova in the 2005 USDGC final round clip.
gretagun
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Rancho Roc

Previous

Return to Video Critique