video i put together

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

video i put together

Postby adidadg » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:00 pm

Feeling nostalgic...Just some clips I strung together from a course I played while on holidays @ Pender Island this spring.

I didn't have a lot to work with footage-wise, all were first-takes so there are several semi lame shots in there but a couple of good ones too. Its a very short technical course, SO FUN! Honestly theres not really a whole lot to look at for technique as you dont really get a clear view of my form, but i thought i'd share anyways, enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6xR5pzIUJA
adidadg

Re: video i put together

Postby masterbeato » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:07 pm

Nice video man, good job editing.

Was that a green whitler I seen you sidearm on one of the short shots? Those are fun to toss around OLD SCHOOL!
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby adidadg » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:24 pm

you got it! I also throw it backhand in the 2nd or 3rd clip in...

Actually i think Glen "Whitler" Whitlock is the reigning "Pender Classic" champ (the course's annual tourney). I know hes won it several times before.
adidadg

Postby Beetard » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:48 pm

That looked like such a nice course. That's the way forehand shots should look too. What disc did you learn forehand on? Do you play ultimate?
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Favorite Disc: XL

Postby masterbeato » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:17 pm

adidadg wrote:you got it! I also throw it backhand in the 2nd or 3rd clip in...

Actually i think Glen "Whitler" Whitlock is the reigning "Pender Classic" champ (the course's annual tourney). I know hes won it several times before.

yeah Glen won it a few times before. Whitler also holds the old school distance record of 460'.

Beetard wrote: That's the way forehand shots should look too.

Agreed, it shows you have control over your shots. My forehand also looks the same way, but I only use it for very very short shots or getting out of trouble or around obstacles.

And bee.....I just absolutely love your avatar man.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Postby adidadg » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:04 pm

Beetard wrote:That looked like such a nice course. That's the way forehand shots should look too. What disc did you learn forehand on? Do you play ultimate?

Thanks man. I'd like to say that I learned forehand with something a little more finesse-ish, but I learned with one of the old Pro-Line Monsters. Still throw it too, its the yellow disc i throw 3rd hole in (super tight drive followed with that big putt - BTW my first and only birdie on that hole, nice to get that on camera). I kinda worked my way backwards and eventually learned to throw Buzzzes and Wizards forehand, which i now do pretty often. My forehand distance is limited to only about 300', but im quite confident with it for accuracy.

and nope, never played ultimate.
adidadg

Postby masterbeato » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:08 pm

My forehands only go about 180' max. I have no idea how to like....forehand at all. lol
My PDGA - Dan Beto

masterbeato
lol Z predator

Postby Blink » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:07 pm

Nice technique, not turning your head away for long throwing backhand helps for hitting those tunnel shots. Seemed like you were nailin all of them.

It looks like you may have a lower pull through than most, just an observation I forget if that's good or bad.
Zone/RhynoAviarRocWhippet/DroneTeebirdFirebirdRoadrunnerDestroyerXcaliberBoss/NukeKatana

I throw Terminators when nobody looks.
Blink
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Champ Archangel

Postby Craig » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:22 pm

I love Pender - I only get out there a couple times a year, but I always look forward to it. You're birdie on #13 was nice.

Do you make it out to the Island(s) often?
Craig
Tree Magnet

Postby adidadg » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:55 pm

Craig wrote:I love Pender - I only get out there a couple times a year, but I always look forward to it. You're birdie on #13 was nice.

Do you make it out to the Island(s) often?

I make it out to the coast almost every year, I love it out there. Pender is great, I also really enjoy the courses in nanaimo and saltspring.
adidadg

Postby Beetard » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:46 am

How do you hold your disc on forehand throws? One finger under the rim or two? Could you post a picture of your forehand grip please?
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Favorite Disc: XL

Postby adidadg » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:35 pm

Beetard wrote:How do you hold your disc on forehand throws? One finger under the rim or two? Could you post a picture of your forehand grip please?

Two fingers stacked. I'll try to remember to post a picture.
adidadg

Postby adidadg » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:37 pm

...so embarassingly enough ive never actually posted a picture before, can someone give me some Picture Posting 101? Do I need to upload it to an online album then paste the link? Poke fun all you want..
adidadg

Postby mark12b » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:08 pm

ya, create an account at photobucket or similar, upload the image there, copy the IMG code that they provide, paste that into a post here.
mark12b
1000 Rated Poster

Postby adidadg » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:59 pm

Beetard wrote:How do you hold your disc on forehand throws? One finger under the rim or two? Could you post a picture of your forehand grip please?

Here it is. I find having my ring finger on the outside of the rim really helps. I lightly squeeze the disc in between my middle and ring finger which helps put pressure on the rip point without shifting the disc.

adidadg

Next

Return to Video Critique