Loose Impediments

Rules Discussion and General PDGA discussion.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Loose Impediments

Postby mark12b » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Don't grip that loose. :-) Any kind of throw from your lie counts as part of the game -- as in, you have to go to the new lie and throw from there. Accidents and slips count, even if the disc goes backwards.

If you do that while you're standing somewhere besides your lie, it would usually count as a "practice throw", which adds a stroke to your score but does not change your lie.

The only time you can toss the disc without it counting is if (a) you're not at your lie, and (b) you toss the disc away from the basket, and (c) it goes less that 2 meters (like, if you're tossing the disc a short distance back to your bag).

http://www.pdga.com/rules/800-definitions
mark12b
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:59 pm

luma wrote:I'm sorry but i would like to get this on topic just for one reply if possible :wink:

Ive just signed up for my first C-Tier German tour event (yeeeeeha I will be last by 100 strokes :D ) and so I have one more question to sth that happens to me sometimes. As i try to be loose on my practice swings or throws or whatever, sometimes my fingers are a bit too loose and the disc goes out of my hand during those practice motions before the throw. It just hours a few yards, mostly straight behind me and away from the basket.

Is that a stroke,a penalty, just being dumb and counting as no stroke?

Thanks guys

Du sollst nicht an die regeln denken sondern die scheibe halten. Es ist zu leicht grip dass lässt die scheibe zu fallen. Auch in vorwärts richtung du musst viel stärker halten. Mindestens an die ende des bewegunges
Last edited by JR on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JR » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:29 pm

veganray wrote:The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Don't get me wrong she is beautiful and i'm a hetero but that is not all the value she has in this world. There are never enough great looking ladies performing at top level of athleticism in disc golf so bring on some more. Or many actually. It is great PR and might help to attract sponsors to the sport and audiences too :-) I see only a win win situation here.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Rules Discussion