Why isn't the 10m circle marked?

Rules Discussion and General PDGA discussion.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Why isn't the 10m circle marked?

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:31 am

You can use environmentally friendly options when marking the circle.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Jay Dub » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:46 am

A course can install a string/rope/chain around the pole that's 10m long or you can carry a small 10m tape to measure off the close ones.

IMHO, if you have to use a falling or jump putt that close to the basket you should be worrying more about your putting form than the 10m circle. :)
Jay Dub
Noob

Postby JimW » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:12 pm

Roc Lover wrote:What would happen if someone were to ask you if they were ~30 out and you say sure. Then you call them for a foot fault? I mean, besides that making you a giant dickass? Is that enforcable once youve ok'd that they were far enough out?

No foul. In the absence of an actual measurement then the group's decision is law on that, you can't call him for a penalty if the group said that it's outside of 10m.

Ha...you're right. 9 times out 10 when it's close and someone asks, they jump and miss. I think jump putting is much less accurate, I only do when I'm at least 40 to 50 feet out and my normal putt isn't going to cut it.

I've played with a couple guys that are both quite good at jump putting from 33-45ish feet, to the point of being high percentage putters (at least 75%) from the lower end of that range. But if they're around 25-33 feet and can't jump putt than they're pretty much fucked.
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

Previous

Return to Rules Discussion