Taco Ace?

Rules Discussion and General PDGA discussion.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Taco Ace?

Postby jleasure » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:52 am

For SonicDG's disc, although the center of the disc is not within the cylinder of the basket, the disc is still supported by the bottom. The rules I read said that for any wedgie, whether or not the center is in, and whether or not it is supported by the bottom of the basket, still counts as long as there are not 2 or more witnesses that saw it wedge from the outside. Had it been witnessed to wedge from the inside of the basket, it would definitely count. However, this disc should still count and be considered holed out. In my honest opinion, if you wedgie a disc on an ace, you should be given bonus points. Anyone can land it in the basket. Only skilled players give themselves wedgies!
jleasure
Noob

Favorite Disc: champion spider

Re: Taco Ace?

Postby JHern » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:55 pm

jleasure wrote:...the disc is still supported by the bottom...

Correct, but is it supported by the "inner cylinder (bottom and inside wall)?" The language is certainly not clear. It sounds as if they were trying to clarify something, but weren't thinking about wedgies (that is, if they intended any wedgies to count as holed-out).
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Previous

Return to Rules Discussion