Plateau

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Plateau

Postby Weebl » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:50 pm

360'

I went to a football field today and corrected my timing issues. I realised I could only throw 360', from goal post to goal post. Two issues arose; I was throwing my teebirds on par with my beasts, and yet my beasts needed 30' of fairway to work with. Granted, there was 5-10mph wind that was swirling a bit (it happens when your in an open field in a forest) and my Teebirds only needed a straight damn line with 8' left to fade. Second, It seemed like I was throwing as far as I have in the past (what i thought was 410' at least), and I was parking holes marked 420' while only going this 360' of distance, so either the air was too thick to get my max distance (10' above sea level with socked in fog), holes at golf courses have the ability to contract down syndrome, or I have gone crazy.

I also noticed I could get a firmer snap on DX plastic, as compared to champion. It could have been the moisture, it might not have; I'll see tomorrow. I wanted to know how possible it is to be competetive in A-tier competition with a max distance of 360'? All the a-tier tourny winners I hear of are able to crank 410'+ accurately, but i could have filtered that through my selective vision.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby trogdor » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:23 pm

Couple things come to mind. ..

420' hole is really closer to 360' (mismarked hole)
420' hole is downhill. (even a slight downhill can make a big difference. Test this, throw from the pin to the tee-pad when the course isn't crowded.)
Pred, Wraith, TeeBird, Eagle, Whippet, Cobra, Rhyno, Arrow
trogdor
Tree Magnet

Postby Weebl » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:44 pm

Never took into account slight slope change on some holes... I went back to basics, and I found when I do my reachback after my shoulders are closed I am able to very accurately throw whatever angle I want from nose up anhyzer to nose down hyzer and everything inbetween, this reachback primes my hips, core and shoulders allowing me to have a very quick uncoil (and loose wrist). Another 2 days to reinforce this and I'm hitting the field again. Hopefully I'll be able to throw my beasts further than my teebirds again :?
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:49 pm

trogdor wrote:Couple things come to mind. ..

420' hole is really closer to 360' (mismarked hole)
420' hole is downhill. (even a slight downhill can make a big difference. Test this, throw from the pin to the tee-pad when the course isn't crowded.)

remember alot of holes are marked as the crow flies

(trogdor such as expo like hole 4 403'?, I was told they are gps measured but I can easily throw hole 4 w/ a mid, can throw the big hyzer w/ a pred, or even a long putter w/ a long tailwind, I am betting its measured around the outside of the trees on the hyzer, or just very exaggorated.)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Weebl » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:50 pm

After today, I feel like all mechanics are clicking except my elbow extension. Anyone have advice for drills to focus on getting a nice accelerated elbow extension/snap? I'm going to throw a few tomorrow morning with the short arm reachback to get the feel again for a lot of snap and hope something clicks. Good news though is I got another ace today, purple medium Wizard; the accuracy is clicking at least.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Technique