I'm brand new to Disc golf, and I want more distance!!!

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby krusen » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:28 pm

discmonkey42 wrote:A buddy and I just had a long discussion about how many people are out looking for distance and not getting it. The analogy we came up with is looking for distance is like looking for a girlfriend. If you are .......

LOL. Good stuff right there.

The same can be said for putting and picking up girls in a bar. You can have all the tools and technique, but if you don't have confidence, you're dead in the water.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Keep reading and throwing in the field.

Postby Discoman » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:26 pm

I have been playing for about a month and a half now and from reading pretty much everything I have had time to read on this site I have pushed my max D up by about 50 feet in the last week. I am hitting 330 pretty consistently and threw a few about 360 (beyond my track tape) I ws just happy to be able to throw my 169 star TeeRex straight today. I have started to coordinate power from theh lower body, with my snap. still a long way to go in terms of tying it all together. Then there is my golf game... with all the changes in grip and timing and the increasing amount of snap, I have been throwing some interesting drives lately....Oh well it will stabilize sometime...hey I am throwing my KC pro aviar 300 feet! So it will help to read and work at this, scores may vary but there will be pay off!
Discoman
Tree Magnet

Postby zealot » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:35 pm

if u can toss ur putter 300 then you're well on your way
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby swel304 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:55 pm

The same can be said for putting and picking up girls in a bar. You can have all the tools and technique, but if you don't have confidence, you're dead in the water.

not to mention being crosseyed drunk doesnt help your game no matter how much you think it does.
I am throwing my KC pro aviar 300 feet!

Ive been getting my rocs about 250+ which seems to be helping me learn alot.
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby Discoman » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:34 am

[quote=Ive been getting my rocs about 250+ which seems to be helping me learn alot.[/quote]

I'm getting couple rocs any day now from gggt. Can't wait to try them. My throw is changing so much right now that I don't trust my buzz anymore. The difference between overpowering it and throwing it strong seems pretty fine. I still have flutter in the first quarter of my putter drives. Trying to straighten out my spin but keep up the snap. I flip them from a pretty steep hyzer with the angle helping to get some height then it planes and turns over and soars back to the right. can anyone throw an aviar straight and far?
Discoman
Tree Magnet

Postby Rooster » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:37 am

steve rico can throw a magnet 400'. but its not a very straight line........
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Discoman » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:03 pm

lock-off wrote:if u can toss ur putter 300 then you're well on your way

Just realized after reading the term internet distance defined that this should have said, have thrown it, avarage more like 250 max d not golf, Big hyzer flip lots of room to travel up and over to the right. Sorry :oops:
Discoman
Tree Magnet

Postby zealot » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:41 pm

no its fine.. throwing a putter over 200 is good :]
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:59 pm

Im in the same boat, I can throw a putter over 300', I rarely throw it on holes over 250' (if theres a tailwind I may decide its the best route)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Previous

Return to Technique