Anny bombs

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Anny bombs

Postby Eric O » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:29 pm

There are a couple holes I play where the ideal throw off the tee is a huge anhyser with lots of air under it, to go out left of obstacles then keep turning to the right through the apex past trees, and finally coming back left at the end for a full flight path with tons of distance covered.

I am finding this to be one of the more difficult shots to attain consistancy on. Sometimes I don't get the disc to come out of the turn before it hits the deck on the right side of the fairway. Other times it will pull out of the turn early and end up short and waay left. Occasionally it all works out according to plan and holing out is academic. Looking for more of those.

What are some of the things you do to make this throw successfully?
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Rooster » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:35 pm

take an overstable disc beat it up real good and boom there you go. find a disc that losing its HSS before its LSS and you have an annie bomb disc. i used a dx wraith for this for awhile and now i use a beat up X tracker. works well for me and is also very predictable.
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Eric O » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:46 pm

Sounds like I need to break in my Orcs for this.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Re: Anny bombs

Postby trogdor » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:14 pm

Eric O wrote:I am finding this to be one of the more difficult shots to attain consistancy on. Sometimes I don't get the disc to come out of the turn before it hits the deck on the right side of the fairway. Other times it will pull out of the turn early and end up short and waay left. Occasionally it all works out according to plan and holing out is academic.

That's my experience too.
Anny = lack of consistancy.
Height = lack of consistancy.
Put the 2 together and you can have a lot of fun, but will not get perfect consistancy with this shot.

That said...I love throwing this shot. (more than I should)
Pred, Wraith, TeeBird, Eagle, Whippet, Cobra, Rhyno, Arrow
trogdor
Tree Magnet

Postby Bradley Walker » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:40 pm

For the high turnover I recommend the X Express and smooth heyser release.

Using the right disc, this becomes a finesse shot.
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby presidio hills » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:43 pm

i agree with rooster!
my fave is a dx eagle super beat in. something i know will flip, take forever to come back, but will come back. any beat in predictable low grade plastic disc will work.
definitely a low grade plastic shot. not for a sidewinder if you're looking to get it on that line every time.
last weekend i birdied a 450' hole like this (downhill about 50', but over some tall trees), riding the cross wind a long ways, but coming back at the very end.
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Technique