Grip and disc Orientation question.

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Grip and disc Orientation question.

Postby Discoman » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:35 pm

I have been experimenting with different grip versions in an effort to maximixe the potential rip force at the hit. I am finding that when I use grips that add alot of strength to the index finger, such as stack and double stacks, the orientation of the disc tends to get accross the seam of my hand rather than parallel. Any one else have this issue? If I use a grip that keeps proper orientation, i can grip hard on the lock(middle ring and pinky) but the index finger feels like it doesnt do as much work, just the rip point. I hope that questiion is clear. The reason I have been trying this is to minimize the number of fingers on the rim, and maximize their ppressure. In essence pinky and ring stack providing clean release and stron lock, and index and middle provide stong lock and rip. Maybe I am thinking about this too much, but I love figuring out this kind of out :D
Discoman
Tree Magnet

Postby Weebl » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:59 pm

I try to have my index finger and thumb knuckle make a pinch so i can get a lot of power off my rip finger, my thumb pad applies pressure to my lock-points to get good pop off those. I dont know much about stack grips, I either use a fan grip or a power grip for backhand. Hit me up the next time you'll be coming down to CSUMB and ill maybe be able to help out a bit more.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Technique