Wrist Pain

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Wrist Pain

Postby discintilldeath » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:52 pm

My wrist has been hurting for a few months now and unfortunetly its my right rist and i throw rhbh. About 2 weeks ago the pain went from feeling like it was in the middle of my wrist in a metacarple or something like that and it changed to the muscles further up my forearm where there's not much muscle but just bone is there a reason for this maybe in my technique have you ever had feelings like this. Thanks for any help in advance

Marshall McGill
PDGA #27209
discintilldeath
Noob

Postby krusen » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:07 am

My guess is tendonitis or carpal tunnel. I had the same problem last year. My pain was in the wrist and the large muscle on top of the forearm just below the elbow. I figured it came from a combination of computer use and disc golf. I got a mouse pad at work with the gel wrist pad which seemed to help a bit. I also took some time off from disc golf. When everything was feeling a little better (after a month or so) I started doing some stretches and exercises I found on WebMD.com. I also bought a powerball and started using that regularly. No more wrist pain for me.
Hope this helps.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Postby roadkill » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:01 am

krusen wrote:. I also bought a powerball and started using that regularly. No more wrist pain for me.
Hope this helps.

I'm glad the powerball gyro therapy helped you.

Disctildeath,
I've hooked up a number of others here on the board with exercise therapy gyros. I could do the same for you if you're intrested. If you click on the link in my signature it takes you to my homepage and clicking on products takes you to my eBay store. Or if you prefer we could handle it through PMs. Give me a holler.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby superq » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:08 am

no better wrist/forearm excersize than a gyro... I can make my powerball scream!!! then I look at the world records page and realize I could beat about half the women in the world......

But it is good for the arm, I think it helps my putting a lot too.
superq
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FOCUS

Postby Expo_Bill » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:51 am

When I started having pain in my right elbow and shoulder from working on the computer all day I switched my mouse to my left hand. It was a lot easier to get used to than I expected. I'm not even slightly ambidextrous. I don't think I could throw a disc left handed more than about 15 ft so don't be afraid to give it a try. I get lots of comments from co-workers too. They think I'm amazing to mouse left handed but it's quite easy and I've been pain free ever since, about 3 years now.
-grounded by flight - elevated by speed...
Expo_Bill
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:08 pm

marshall:

you may be hyper-extending your wrist at the rip if your wrist is too loose. if you have a loose wrist in your throw, i would suggest tightening it up.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Return to Technique