turn over

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

turn over

Postby asimo » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:53 pm

What is the best way to figure out if I am turning discs over from power or if I am just having bad form? I am no longer having problems turning over my midrange discs but I still have an issue with my more understable drivers. I bought a brand new Ace and threw it several times with hyzer. Each time it flipped up and flew straight for awhile before finding a gentle fade left(RHBH). Every time I throw my beat up Orion with the same hyzer it turns hard right. Is it the disc or me?

Thanks in advance,
Asimo

ps I have decided to stick with my fan grip for putts and short approachs as it is the most comfortable and accurate for me. When the knuckle on my middle finger gets sore I just bust out the tape.
asimo
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:15 pm

easiest way would be to name the discs :)

there are a lot of discs that most players should NOT be able to turn over unless they have say, 500' of power or are trying to turn them intentionally.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby asimo » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:38 pm

Blake_T wrote:easiest way would be to name the discs :)

What does that mean?
asimo
Noob

Postby Lets_Throwdown » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:55 pm

That means that he needs the name of the discs that are turning over for you.
Lets_Throwdown
Noob

Postby asimo » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:22 am

Lets_Throwdown wrote:That means that he needs the name of the discs that are turning over for you.

heh, I guess that was obvious. :D

Right now the disc I am having this problem with is the Orion LS 162g (beat up from hitting trees and pavement). I was having a similar problem with a pro Teebird-L 165g (also beat) but with a little help from the wind I threw it on someones roof.

Discs I have been having success with are: DX Ace 165g, DX Viking 165g, DX Valkery 171g (beat beyond belief), Elite-Z Talon 172g (great for big reliable left fade), DX Cheetah 171g, DX XD 171g, Omega SS 172g, Gator 175g (big left fade even in the wind). I threw an entire round with my DX Roc 175g and I was really enjoying it but I lost it on the last hole.
asimo
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:13 pm

seems there is a trend there. if it doesn't happen with any other plastic cept pro plastic my advice is to quit throwing pro plastic hehe.
Blake_T

Postby Blake_T » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:23 pm

also of note, if you are going to further explore pro plastic you may want to go a bit heavier. often if you have slight torque, heavier discs will mask it a bit while light ones will show it clear as day. 150 class discs will reveal every flaw in your throw.
Blake_T

Return to Technique