super sekret teqniques

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

super sekret teqniques

Postby Blake_T » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:21 pm

i'm on the verge of developing the best teaching method i have ever come up with to date.

it's in the works on being perfected and i've only used it with a few students. it is a method of focus that works for all types of throws (backhand, sidearm, overhand, rollers, putting, etc.) but it just needs some fine tuning before i "put it out there."

i'm not spilling the beans just yet but i figured this might stir up some anticipation :P
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Re: super sekret teqniques

Postby cornelius » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:38 pm

lol how long until you think it will be perfected?
cornelius
Noob

Favorite Disc: wizard

Postby Blake_T » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:52 pm

i need to work with a few students on it first. i've actually got plans to work with a couple of players, which will be my first new students i've taken on in a couple of years.

what i can say is that i've ditched focusing on body positions and completely technical breakdowns. all of those items can be corrected by simply addressing the focus of the throw and the interaction between your body and the disc.
Blake_T

Postby Leopard » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:58 pm

hmm. anticipation is not such a big deal with the DGR crowd. more of a blank-it-when-i-blank-it kinda scene.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Ryan C » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:13 pm

I'm sure I'm going to be throwing 500 ft. line drives within minutes of this revelation being made public.
Anode--Fuse--Buzzz--Vector--TD--Teebird--Hurricane--Predator
Ryan C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Blake_T » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:32 pm

haha. that's almost my goal.

realistically i'm shooting for teaching someone who can throw 300+ to throw 450' in 30-45 minutes :P

right now i have the in motion and the eject motions down. the idea currently works for sidearm and overhand throws since the correct in motion breeds the correct eject action. i have to find a way to bridge the gap for backhand throws and doing 1 or 2 lessons with it should hopefully yield that result.

working with people for 5 minutes with it i've gotten someone who had never had a successful sidearm throw before to be able to throw a 250' sidearm with a very understable driver and a few others have gone 200+ nose down backhand with no reachback, run up, body rotation, and 20-30% strong arm power on it.
Blake_T

Postby holyschemp » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:37 pm

Is it bad that the anticipation, anxiety, sheer thrill I just felt upon reading that is comparable only to when a chick took off my pants for the first time...?
holyschemp
Tree Magnet

Postby Mark Ellis » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:00 am

Blake_T wrote:i'm on the verge of developing the best teaching method i have ever come up with to date.

it's in the works on being perfected and i've only used it with a few students. it is a method of focus that works for all types of throws (backhand, sidearm, overhand, rollers, putting, etc.) but it just needs some fine tuning before i "put it out there."

i'm not spilling the beans just yet but i figured this might stir up some anticipation :P

This sounds great. If it is not too much trouble could you put that technique into a pill which also makes you lose weight and become wealthy?
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby Parks » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:15 am

Blake will probably die and someone will find his notebooks on distance with the note "I have discovered a truly marvelous and easy way to reach 500' of distance. This margin is too narrow to contain it."

Confidential note to Blake: you will hopefully not die in the foreseeable future :D
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:23 am

This sounds great. If it is not too much trouble could you put that technique into a pill which also makes you lose weight and become wealthy?

no, but it will add 8" and cure male pattern baldness :P

Is it bad that the anticipation, anxiety, sheer thrill I just felt upon reading that is comparable only to when a chick took off my pants for the first time...?

yes, it is bad.

Blake will probably die and someone will find his notebooks on distance with the note "I have discovered a truly marvelous and easy way to reach 500' of distance. This margin is too narrow to contain it."

you can guess what classes i took in college because i actually got that reference.

right now it's a means of teaching by instilling an idea. i've been searching for years to get away from talk about body positions and tried to find ways to train timing and power focus. it revolves around a method of building a feel for the act of snapping and then slowly integrating basic throwing concepts into the motion.

if i'm able to do this lesson soon i have a feeling i will be able to come up with my transition between the in motion and the out motion that i am searching for.

it's an extremely simple rethinking of the throw. as much as i can try to idiot-proof it i'm sure there will be those who are unable/unwilling to let go of their old throwing mechanics and they will struggle with it.
Blake_T

Postby MrScoopa » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:23 am

I'm so excited about the 8"! :P

But, really, this sounds like fun! Can't wait to see what I can learn.
T-SWORD, C-ORC, C-FD, S-TL, C-Roadrunner, Z-Buzz, O-Fuse, M-ION
MrScoopa
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Valkyrie

Postby bcsst26 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:01 am

Blake_T wrote:i'm on the verge of developing the best teaching method i have ever come up with to date.

Well the anticipation is stirred up. If you need an over the phone student to try it out on let me know.
"I do believe the sum extent of the messiness, disarrangement, disorder, and dirtiness of your room is equal to that of your brain." Johnny Cash
bcsst26
Tree Magnet

Postby rKp » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:00 am

Blake_T wrote:i'm not spilling the beans just yet but i figured this might stir up some anticipation :P

I'm anticipating... :)
rKp
Tree Magnet

Postby patdabunny » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:09 am

bcsst26 wrote:If you need an over the phone student to try it out on let me know.

Me too! :lol:

Blake, you'll be happy to know that all of the pounding you did to get your ideas into my head worked, as I had a massive gain in D (over 500' now). I'm looking forward to seeing what your new ideas are.

>grabbing my popcorn and sittin' back, 'cause this is gonna get good...<

Daniel
My putter doinks harder than yours!

Z Pred~E*Boss~E*TB~Roadrunner~Fuse~Buzzz~Comet~Aviar
Frank Delicious wrote:I try to psyche people out on my card. I usually do this by getting nude around the 4th hole.
patdabunny
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Mark Ellis » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:27 am

Blake_T wrote: it's an extremely simple rethinking of the throw. as much as i can try to idiot-proof it i'm sure there will be those who are unable/unwilling to let go of their old throwing mechanics and they will struggle with it.

Idiot-proof!! Hah! Do not underestimate our cumulative idiocy. We are not mere, run-of-the-mill idiots. We are Frizzzbee Idiots: Idiots of an almost unfathomable degree. So factor that into your fancy calculations.

At least you will have plenty of guinea pigs.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Next

Return to Technique