360 FH and BH HELP!

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

360 FH and BH HELP!

Postby cyc1one » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Okay i decided to try a 360 FH randomly and it went farther then my normal FH throws and i put in effort into the 360 FH i dont pull back at all or anything and it went about 370 feet, normal there 300 feet with alot of pull back(I can do these throws consistance also) Will i get a distance increase trying to do a 360 BH drive.

I throw a Groove, Valk, and Sidewinder for my main drivers.
cyc1one
Noob

Favorite Disc: Sidewinder

Re: 360 FH and BH HELP!

Postby cyc1one » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Im also only 15 years old
cyc1one
Noob

Favorite Disc: Sidewinder

Postby Planeman93 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:46 pm

I don't know, maybe you could try it.
Planeman93
Noob

Postby holyschemp » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:14 pm

Strongly doubt it. Timing is everything and until you get most stuff down solid, you're just adding more noise to the throw rather than constructive components. Go ahead and try it for fun if you want and maybe things'll click, but do so with a grain of salt. There is a reason most people aren't 360 driving on teepads :-P
holyschemp
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:15 pm

You're saying you got much more distance with the 360 and no reach back than with a normal FH with lots of reach back? You might want to try a normal FH with less reach back as a starting point. =)

I've noticed that for me the reach back mostly just messes up my timing when throwing FH.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby patdabunny » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:19 pm

I've started doing more of a reachback (a la Avery's form) and a complete and massive follow through with my FH. I have been busting out some serious distance, like 400' with a TB and a little more with a destroyer and boss, all line drives.

I really think the follow through (pretty much wrapping your throwing arm around your body like giving yourself a hug) is huge in this.
My putter doinks harder than yours!

Z Pred~E*Boss~E*TB~Roadrunner~Fuse~Buzzz~Comet~Aviar
Frank Delicious wrote:I try to psyche people out on my card. I usually do this by getting nude around the 4th hole.
patdabunny
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Return to Technique