Problem when pulling to right pec.

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Problem when pulling to right pec.

Postby Jester87k » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:33 am

Ok so I have been working on the Right pec drill and hittin my right pec when i throw.. Well i am def getting more distance on good S bends and stuff like that but i feel like when i get close to my chest i am tending to throw all Annys... Anyone know why this is happening? i can make it so its not a huge anny alot of the time depending on the disc but if i have to keep it low the tosses are pretty ugly most the time..
Jester87k
Noob

Favorite Disc: Force

Re: Problem when pulling to right pec.

Postby seabas22 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:52 am

I suspect wrist roll over and/or body position not over the disc enough. Could also be from an anny x-step going back right to front left of tee. Try a lower reach back and make sure your palm is not facing up on the follow through.
seabas22
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: thunderbird

Postby biodarwin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:05 pm

I know when I first started working on the pec drill, I would lean back to compensate for trying to pull close to the chest thus putting everything naturally on an anny line.
Orc | Valkyrie | Teebird | Leopard | Buzz | Aviar
Buy/Sell/Trade??? http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16798&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
biodarwin
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc,Leopard,Teebird

Postby Pat » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:00 pm

1. Try concentrating on pulling on a straight line throughout the entire pull. If you were able to see above you, your probably pulling the disc on an arc.

2. your maybe just not getting to the right pec. practice again and make sure you really get it to the right pec.

3. your not loading your shoulders and this causes you to open the shoulders too early. Meaning that youre opened up too much and coming over top.

Good Luck.
Keep on Chooglin'
Pat
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:08 am

with the right pec drill it's usually caused by having your weight too far behind your right heel and/or trying to force the shoulder rotation to happen with unnatural force instead of flowing into it.

when pulling to the right pec i'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that your reach back is "too tight" (too tight = too close to the rotational axis). when pulling to the right pec it's easier to start with the disc a ways off the body and pull "outside in" than it is to pull "inside in". inside in is the correct way to throw a high anhyzer or roller.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Return to Technique