Releasing Eairly RhBh

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Releasing Eairly RhBh

Postby cyc1one » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:58 am

How can i fix this i always release eairly, i can throw about 270-300feet i do a general x step and im pretty sure im releasing eairly i tryed not realeasing eairly but i dont know how to not release eairly.
cyc1one
Noob

Favorite Disc: Sidewinder

Re: Releasing Eairly RhBh

Postby UpFromTheAshes » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:27 am

Well, you shouldn't really be "releasing" the disc on drives anyway. The disc should be ripping out of your hand as you try to grip down on it.

If you are already holding onto the disc for dear life and it's ripping out of your hand early, then maybe you should work on some grip strengthening exercises.
UpFromTheAshes
Noob

Favorite Disc: 1st run CE Valk

Postby Blake_T » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:03 am

primary reasons for early release:

-the shoulders rotate too fast and the arm/elbow can't catch up (the left side of your body pushes it out).
-swinging wide during your pull through (often accompanied by too high of a pull).
-over-closing on your plant step. your right foot goes too far to the front left of the teepad vs. where your left foot is located.
-too much weight forward too soon.
-poor grip pressure/leverage.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby bcr123psu » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:29 am

Just staring out, my main issue with an early "release" was a total lack of follow-through. As Blake_T mentioned above, the issue I'm working on now is a wide swing during my pull through. Correcting both of these has really helped my disc "release" and, subsequently, my accuracy.
bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: The one in my brakes

Return to Technique