Putter

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Putter

Postby somerbush » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:17 pm

I've been playing for about a year now and i've tried many different putters and finally have started to like my warlock, but it feels a little to overstable for me. Im ?looking for suggestions for a putter that would have a similar feel to my warlock with less stability. Any Suggestions?
somerbush
Noob

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Re: Putter

Postby NoLifeLeft » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:41 pm

If the Warlock feels good for you then just beat up the Warlock some more.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby somerbush » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:20 am

I think maybe i just need a softer one then, my warlock is supposed to be soft but feels more like medium, an issue ive seen in a lot of gateway plastic, so maybe i'll try finding a softer one then.
somerbush
Noob

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby jubuttib » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:15 am

I'm not sure if I read it from Gateway's site or here, but the "Soft" is referring more to the surface texture than the firmness of the plastic.

Then again, it's Gateway...

EDIT: Dang it, I remember reading on Gateway's site that the reason their plastic is so "inconsistent" is that they really do intentionally make 4 different blends of Soft that feel different, as well as multiple versions of Medium, Firm, etc. Along the lines of "everyone likes a different feel, so we make them in every feel. You'll get the best result if you go and hand pick your discs at the store" but can't for the love of Vai find it anywhere. It was pretty well hidden the first time I stumbled upon it...
Last edited by jubuttib on Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby NoLifeLeft » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:06 am

jubuttib wrote:Then again, it's Gateway...

Sadly, yes. I loved my Gateway putters for a long time, the plastic is good but inconsistent. Your best bet is to order from a place like GottaGoGottaThrow or Marshall St. where you can call in and get the personal shopper treatment.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Return to Technique