off just a little

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

off just a little

Postby krazybronco » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:45 pm

ok i have been working on the my distance and i am throwing farther but my releasing just a little late i worked on the techinque in the field but play doubles and that is when i really noticed the late release

i know i need to go throw in a field but was wondering what yall might have to say about the late release
NS destoryer, wraiths, beasts, firebird, teebird, leopard, rocs, and aviars
krazybronco
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: prefer 11x Teebird

Re: off just a little

Postby Dr. Burd » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Details or video - otherwise no one will be able to help you.

What you said leads me to believe that you're either grip-locking or that your form is totally effed. =P It could be something else entirely.

Things that cause you to "release late/right":

You're not getting any reasonable acceleration, so you are able to do the "impossible" and actually keep your grip on the disc at the end of a full speed drive.
You're turning your left (RHBH) shoulder forward during your pull.
You're not pulling the disc in tight / you're swinging the disc out and around your body when you throw (also see lack of acceleration)
You are inadvertently setting up all your throws to be anhyzer (footwork, and starting your pull line higher).

Someone else will correct me if I'm wrong, but probably not until you fill us in on what's actually happening - what discs you're throwing, what lines you're trying to throw, and how far you are throwing.
The Burd's Trade List | Aviar - Zone - Buzzz - XS - Teebird - Force
Dr. Burd
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby Dr. Burd » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:12 pm

The Burd's Trade List | Aviar - Zone - Buzzz - XS - Teebird - Force
Dr. Burd
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby krazybronco » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:41 pm

i guess im going to have to get someone to video me so yall can critque my form but im pretty happy with my 400ft wraith shots cuase most of the courses in my area and the courses i have played dont reqiure many shots longer than that
NS destoryer, wraiths, beasts, firebird, teebird, leopard, rocs, and aviars
krazybronco
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: prefer 11x Teebird

Postby josser » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:46 pm

I'm in pretty much the same boat. I'm 325-350' with wraiths and it is good enough for most of my local courses. I'm releasing late on everything except my Wraith which has a wide enough rim that it rips out a bit early. I'm hoping to re-re-rebuild my form with Blake's new super secret techniques and get back to discs going in the general direction that desire.
Rattler - Pure - Jokeri || Fuse - Roc || Gazelle - xXx || PD - Pred || Wraith

Often found in the bag as well: ZXS (thumbers), S-TD, QOLF instead of S-PD, Flow (still trying it out)

My trades
josser
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Technique