I need help?

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

I need help?

Postby peppermack » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:37 pm

So since I have moved to WV my game has gone to hell. I am grip locking everything, or trying to throw a hyzer flip and not getting it to flip
Flat, or nose up issues, or too much nose down and piledrive into the fairway 100 feet out. I don't know what is going on, but I am so frustrated I could make a sweet bonfire out of my discs and watch it all burn and not worry about it anymore. I need some fucking help here. Any suggestions?
S PD, Firebird, KC Pro/Champ Gazelle, Buzz, Rhyno, ESP Drone, Ion
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: I need help?

Postby JHern » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:42 pm

What's different now about your routine while playing that might be different than before? Seems like you're just out of sorts in general after the move. Relax, you'll find the zone again.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Re: I need help?

Postby JR » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:37 am

Check out the technique repair section about grip locks. They are usually timing issues. Try to accelerate later and harder. That may be harder on tighter wooded courses from mind jitters if you're used to open courses. Bravery helps show that sucker of a fairway that you can dissect it right in the middle!
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Technique