sandström HQ pics

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

sandström HQ pics

Postby rehder » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:43 am

JR sent me picture that where taken by Kenneth Lindqvist during the scandinavian open.

enjoy

sandstrom.rehder.dk
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Re: sandström HQ pics

Postby JR » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:20 am

Thanks rehder for hosting these. Make that 40 pictures shot in one second at 6 megapixel resolution. Kenneth is the groundskeeper at Discgolf Terminalen the venue of the Scandinavian Open. The pictures were shot on hole one in the final day of the event. Kenneth used my Casio Exilim EX-FH20 in burst mode to film these. To my knowledge these are the highest resolution series of images shot at such a high frame rate that has been published. Please don't do anything unwise with the pictures because we were staff at the event and don't need hassle. It would rain on our parade if anything bad occurred. I thought that these pics are good for form analysis so Blake_t et al fire away. I thought that form analysis would be great because the prior form analysis stuff comes from lo res images and people that aren't world distance record holders :-)

For analysis purposes the fairway turns right initially by about 25-30 degrees IIRC.

lcgm8 made a low resolution video of these images shown with lowered resolution parts of the same throw from different angles from his and my HD cameras shooting at regular frame rate:
http://www.youtube.com/user/lcgm8#p/u/19/0KOafXWyCUw
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Technique