Turbo Putting only?

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Turbo Putting only?

Postby Aubin » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:54 am

Are their any players out there that only turbo putt? I know there are a few pros who do, and one local guy up here. Just wondering if any of you turbo for 'standard' putts and if so, why did you switch.

2nd related question: Would you consider this cheating and/or shady; I have a challenger putter that hit a tree pretty hard and took a BIG chunk out. It happened in the middle of a round, no intent obviously. As it turns out, this huge chunk is a great spot for placing my index finger on turbo putts, much like one indent on that goofy 'Turbo Putt" disc. It lets me get a ton of spin and distance on the shot. Shady? Illegal? Lame?
ChallengerMagnetCometTeebirdsDestroyersPredator
Aubin
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: APX

Re: Turbo Putting only?

Postby jubuttib » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:16 pm

I don't think anyone gets an unfair advantage by only turbo putting, so nothing against that. A disc missing a big chunk though, I'm pretty sure that's just plain illegal if you go by the rulebook.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby fanter » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:00 pm

It seems to me, from personal experience and from watching others, that turbo putts are more apt to be maimed by the wind. That being said, maybe I and those I've watched do it have achieved poor power or spin on the putt anyway and THAT is why it gets knocked around in the air. The last guy I watched use mostly turbo putts in a local tourney received severe wind abuse once the disc left the hand.
fanter
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Fritz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:02 pm

The only advantage a turbo putter has is in Ring of Fire while score cards are being counted.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Return to Technique