Recent Troubles - line hitting

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Recent Troubles - line hitting

Postby rusch_bag » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:43 pm

This has been going on for like a month now, but I can't hit a line to save my life. The power is still there, the correct angle I want is still on the disc, and it is going as far as I need it to go. It is normally left of where I want to throw the disc, but occasionally when I try to fix it I will pull it real hard to the right. I have tried so many damn things to fix it, but nothing is working and I am sick of not having the disc go where I intend it to go. Any ideas?
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Re: Recent Troubles - line hitting

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:16 pm

I'm struggling with the same thing. It appears to me that what's happening is I'm subconciously losing my driving form in terms of pulling thru across my chest and instead slipping into a more arcing motion like a beginner causing the release out too far to the left.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:42 pm

How cold and wet is it over there? On top of arcing strong arming that is accelerating too hard too early can lead to slips. Slowing down all of the throw will help to eliminate any unwanted misalignments in your posture. Wet and cold discs can lead to slips too. Dry skin and slick discs won't help. Try to dry the discs fully and your fingers too. Then blow on your fingers from an inch away. That warms up the skin and allows a better grip. So you won't need to pop a vessel by crushing the disc to avoid slips and getting slower arm acceleration as a result of too tense muscles too early then death gripping the disc into a grip lock. Too tense muscles mess up the timing sometimes as well.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby josser » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:29 pm

I get the opposite problem when I am accelerating too early. Since I don't manage to get the disc going as fast I end up pulling the disc left (LHBH).

Do you actively open your wrist? I know that I can cause early releases by purposely opening my wrist a little early. So if you try to delay your wrist opening a bit from whenever you are doing it now, you might be able to delay the moment the disc wants to rip out long enough that you get back on line.
Rattler - Pure - Jokeri || Fuse - Roc || Gazelle - xXx || PD - Pred || Wraith

Often found in the bag as well: ZXS (thumbers), S-TD, QOLF instead of S-PD, Flow (still trying it out)

My trades
josser
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:33 pm

If this is exclusively from the tee pad, a problem I have had is when i get tired (mentally, I still have a 13 year olds energy) My footwork just follows the direction of the teepad, or towards the basket if I am not on the tee. I try to work my footwork in the direction I want my line to start.
If you are throwing from a stand still, thats probably not your problem ;-)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby rusch_bag » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:55 am

Thatdirtykid wrote:If this is exclusively from the tee pad, a problem I have had is when i get tired (mentally, I still have a 13 year olds energy) My footwork just follows the direction of the teepad, or towards the basket if I am not on the tee. I try to work my footwork in the direction I want my line to start.
If you are throwing from a stand still, thats probably not your problem ;-)

It is just on the teepad. My feet have always been bad so I might give this a shot.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Return to Technique