Correcting OAT? Help

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Correcting OAT? Help

Postby JR » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:22 pm

The fastest driver you manipulate the grip with fir different nose down attitudes. And being non meathook so that you'll see a difference with a good non meathook fade and a nose up (mildly too) stalling type of flight.

It depends on your capabilities and physique what to get. Wraith should probably be the upper limit if you don't have large strong flexible hands with long fingers. Surge SS and even Beasts and Roadrunners could work but the last two won't indicate milder nose up as much.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby craftsman » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:21 pm

I find the avenger pretty nose angle sensitive. Both the avenger and comet are in the bag.

I'd also like to add that while the comet isn't nose angle sensitive to really shape lines, you will have to use nose down angles.
craftsman
Noob

Favorite Disc: challenger

Postby Iman522 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:07 pm

Just a random question about OAT. Does reachback increase your chances at OAT? and does the bent elbow technique give you a relatively oat free throw? I have been really clean without OAT for a long time but when I added reachback here lately I have been oating the crap out of some throws and it is really frustrating me.
Iman522
Noob

Previous

Return to Technique