Form troubles and accuracy

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Form troubles and accuracy

Postby getrichschemer » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:36 am

Im a bit frustrated because between doing a simple x step, to stepping backwards to pivot on one leg... accuracy is SHOTTY! by shotty I mean horrible. If I just consistantly throw using a simple x step all of the time my accuracy gets better but I only get a bout 200-250 D. Once I start trying to launch the disc, then there is no accuracy at all. I know some of you have gone threw this same scenario, and the answer probably is "Just keep playing", but I wanted to rant a bit. :roll:
getrichschemer
Noob

Favorite Disc: Leopard

Re: Form troubles and accuracy

Postby Codester101 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Codester101
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: The one I can find.

Postby Redisculous » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:14 pm

Make sure your shoulders are stopping as the disc comes across your chest. Most people, including myself go through this phase where they think you just keep spinning and sling the disc out. You just can't aim that way, and you can't get your elbow forward to get your arm into position to use your wrist. Of course, I haven't seen you throw so I could be wrong, but it's something to think about.
Anode | Comet | Axis |Vector | PPD | SPD | CPD
Redisculous
Fairway Surgeon

Location: Southern Wisconsin, where the best courses are in Illinois!
Favorite Disc: Axis

Postby NoLifeLeft » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:19 pm

Have you tried doing your x-step extra slow yet? Thats where I had to start.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby masterbeato » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:31 am

i know people that are accurate from a standstill, and then they put footwork into their throw and their accuracy and power go down the sewer. the reason is because the x step demolished their timing. which may be happening to you. combat this by throwing 100 one step throws. it is like your body is getting confused. so i would not throw in a full x step just yet. one thing ive seen with someones accuracy being ruined because of an x step is that the x step has them reaching back with their back 180 degrees away from the target, and that screws with people that generally do not reach back with their back facing 180 degrees in the first place, maybe thats the case with you?
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Return to Technique