Hzer Flip Question

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Hzer Flip Question

Postby dstain19 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:59 am

This weekend I was trying out a Star Roadrunner and a S Line TD. I can finally consistently hyzer flip a disc into a nice long s shot, however it was a pretty wide S and would need significant room on the course. In playing dubs this weekend the guy I played with flipped a disc into a really tight s with not too much action to the left or to the right and it was very pretty. Unfortunately when I asked him to explain it was apparent he got pretty lucky and was not trying to do what he did.

How do a tweak my shot to make it a tighter S shot?

As always I appreciate the advice!
dstain19
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: beast

Re: Hzer Flip Question

Postby garublador » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:22 am

I'm not very familiar with the TD and I have no idea how far you're throwing, but the issue could be disc selection. The Roadrunner is high speed understable, so it's supposed to turn at high speeds. What you want is a disc that resists high speed turn and doesn't have much fade and then throw it clean. A beat DX Teebird is ideal for this. Most of the stable putters and mids fly like that, too.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby jubuttib » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:20 pm

For a tighter S-line you'd preferably need a disc that doesn't turn or fade that much. So the Roadrunner inherently is not that well suited for the shot, since it likes to turn over quite a lot. There are two types of S-TDs, the understable ones and the more neutral ones, out of these the more neutral ones should work better for this shot.

You could also try putting a tad more hyzer on either of the discs, so that it still turns over, but not as much (only tracking slightly to the right, RHBH). This could work if the disc doesn't have a lot of fade, but it is a bit fiddly.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Star Shark » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:13 pm

Yeah. I'd suggest a Valkyrie, PD, OLF or SL for the tighter hyzerflip s curve lines.
-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Postby Jeronimo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:25 pm

jubuttib wrote:You could also try putting more hyzer on either of the discs, so that it still turns over, but not as much (only tracking slightly to the right, RHBH). This could work if the disc doesn't have a lot of fade, but it is a bit fiddly.

This is the best answer to your question as you stated it.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby jubuttib » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:57 pm

Jeronimo wrote:This is the best answer to your question as you stated it.

For a moment I thought I'd delete everything before that, since this was a technique, not an equipment thread. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JHern » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:25 pm

Hyzer flip a Buzzz or Stalker flat, and it'll hold the line all the way down the fairway, and only fades if it has more height and/or nose-up attitude that causes it to stall.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Aaron_D » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:46 pm

Gazelle, Teebird, OLF, PD are discs that can be made to flip up to flat but not all the way over. Or you can adjust you power on a flippier disc so it just barely turns over.
My Drive-> http://www.youtube.com/user/CpJ123?feature=mhw5#p/u/0/OWX_jHYB4bg

Wizard * Roc * JLS * SOLF * Wraith * Predator
Aaron_D
I Throw Faaar

Return to Technique